Upgrading to the bigger ‘T32’ brakes

Yes exactly, unless you have the highest output engine you do not get them just because it is a t32

Interested in this too, it looks like you need the caliper mounting brackets to me and possibly a different brake hose? Master cylinder should be fine
Ah good news that the brackets come with! No idea on the hose... Only one way to find out :thumbsup:

They are 340mm discs so should be a nice upgrade!
We have a T32 150 with big brakes too, lwb if that makes a difference?

So do you have the big brakes or not? These posts make me unsure :uh run:

My front disc need replacing but I would like to upgrade them. When towing my car on the trailer it really doesn't have that initial bite and they fade to much.
Always worth checking that your trailer brakes are working effectively, I sometimes tow a 2 tonne (gross) trailer, I've got a T30 with small brakes and it stops fine without me having to apply a great deal of pressure on the pedal, obviously the trailer brakes are making sure the van isn't trying to stop 2 tonnes pushing it forward under braking.

Thanks All

Dave - Trailer is fine. It's a brand new Brian James trailer and when loaded with an elise it's only 1450kg. The van brakes are ok but don't inspire any confidence especially when the van is also loaded up. I also have 20" wheels with a slightly higher diameter which doesn't help the braking. I could easily live with the brakes the way they are today, but given there is a cheap OEM upgrade now could be the time to do it.

I'm using brembo pads and I don't wish to use non OEM pads like green stuff (worst pads ever).

Hopefully I'll be getting the set from Oli's customer soon.

I've found out the brake lines and master cylinder are the same for small and big brakes.

Thanks All

Dave - Trailer is fine. It's a brand new Brian James trailer and when loaded with an elise it's only 1450kg. The van brakes are ok but don't inspire any confidence especially when the van is also loaded up. I also have 20" wheels with a slightly higher diameter which doesn't help the braking. I could easily live with the brakes the way they are today, but given there is a cheap OEM upgrade now could be the time to do it.

I'm using brembo pads and I don't wish to use non OEM pads like green stuff (worst pads ever).

Hopefully I'll be getting the set from Oli's customer soon.

I've found out the brake lines and master cylinder are the same for small and big brakes.
Oh good, worth a mention as people often forget that trailer brakes need maintenance too!

My T6 Euro 5 black 102hp built on a Friday when the sun was out = Small brakes.
T6 Euro 5 black 102hp rebuilt on my drive = Big brakes soon :D

My front disc need replacing but I would like to upgrade them.
When towing my car on the trailer it really doesn't have that initial bite and they fade to much. I can't afford a REVO kit so I'm thinking of a upgrading to T32 brakes which is only £400, and given my small discs are £200 for Brembo ones from EuroCarParts it's not much more.
I’m bigger than the required 17” (I have 20" wheels) so clearance of the callipers is no concern (although I'm not sure about my spare wheel).

I assume T32 brakes fit any T6 ??

Do I need to upgrade the master cylinder or are they all the same size?

how did you get on ? I was sold the 340mm discs in error but didn’t notice until all bolted on etc so now looking for a set of callipers. Did the hose fit ?

I brought a complete front brake set from T6Dave with thanks to Oli for putting us in touch.

It took an hour and half to swap them over. This includes the callipers and new pad, the calliper bracket and new hoses. I'm not sure the brake hose is any different to the one I had but the hoses came attached to the calliper so it made sense to use them.

Stopping power has improved but not massively. If you just rest your foot on the pedal, you don't notice any difference in the stopping power. But if you brake harder and longer (down hills) you notice stronger brakes and much less brake fade.
Overall I'm glad I upgraded them. They are still OEM quality and I've no squeals, rumbles etc. They are not a race car setup which I didn't want, they remain suited to daily T6 driving.

I'm not sure if I would swap them if my old brakes didn't need changing. But it was less then £150 extra to upgrade when changing mine.

One thing that didn't swap over is the pad wear sensor. Currently I'm not using one. Does anyone know the part number of where I can get one from?

I have a set of T6.1 T32 brakes available. These are the new twin piston brakes.

Quick question if you guys don't mind, I've got a bigger break kit ( not an aftermarket one, just one that you find on some of the bigger engined T32 )

I've got a T28 ( 2019 ), I've got all the calipers, disks etc. But before we go and get everything taken apart. Will the hoses already on the van work with the bigger kit ? As the kit i bought doesnt have new hoses ?

Many thanks

Quick question if you guys don't mind, I've got a bigger break kit ( not an aftermarket one, just one that you find on some of the bigger engined T32 )

I've got a T28 ( 2019 ), I've got all the calipers, disks etc. But before we go and get everything taken apart. Will the hoses already on the van work with the bigger kit ? As the kit i bought doesnt have new hoses ?

Many thanks
Hi there, yes the hoses fit. Just done this job myself last month. Things to note:

You will need new brake backing plates or you can cut and trim the existing ones to fit. This is what I did. Simple job with a grinder and primed and painted to protect edges.

You will also need a new bracket that holds the loom connection to the brake wear sensor. Passenger side only. Bought new one from dealers. PM me if you need the part number.

Got my brakes bled afterwards at ATS euromaster and now they have bed in they are much improved. So much more stopping power than previous brakes.

Back