Upgrading Reimo roof mattress

Toastie

Hello everyone.just joined and hopping someone can help me . I have at6 with Reimo roof and bed , i am trying to find out if you can put a duvely mattress topper 50 mm up top and leave it there with the roof down duvely said you can't .

I have the same setup and wondering the same as the standard mattress isn’t great.
I have used the topper from my California seat in the Reimo but never left it up there when closed down. I think the issue is probably the canvas getting screwed up as it probably wouldn’t lay flat near the hinge area.
Unless somebody has proved it might be a case of trial and error.

Hi All,

I’ve had a Reimo poptop fitted to the van. All is great apart from the bed mattress. It’s definitely not the comfiest! I was looking to upgrade the mattress but doing so will mean more weight for the gas struts to hold. I am guessing they won’t be able to handle the extra weight.

Has anyone upgrade the mattress, did you have to upgrade the struts as well?

Thanks

Hi All,

I’ve had a Reimo poptop fitted to the van. All is great apart from the bed mattress. It’s definitely not the comfiest! I was looking to upgrade the mattress but doing so will mean more weight for the gas struts to hold. I am guessing they won’t be able to handle the extra weight.

Has anyone upgrade the mattress, did you have to upgrade the struts as well?

Thanks
I think the bigger concern is whether or not it can be stored up there. I think anything of a size you can store up there won’t be too heavy for the struts.

I think the bigger concern is whether or not it can be stored up there. I think anything of a size you can store up there won’t be too heavy for the struts.
I was going to get a mattress that matches the dimensions of the standard one just have it make of a slightly thinker memory foam.

I was going to get a mattress that matches the dimensions of the standard one just have it make of a slightly thinker memory foam.
Yea, probably a good idea. The thin one that came with my pop top (2.5cm) isn’t suitable for adults.

Still important to check if it will fit with the top down. You could try to look up the weight of the different thicknesses.

I doubt it will make any noticeable difference.

Maybe test it, by putting a duvet up they and see how the struts perform.

Back