Upgradebulbs (ebay vendor)

Andysmee

Previously the last of the TSI's
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Having an ongoing dispute with this ebay vendor, so cannot recommend them.

They advertised a set of LED bulbs which I need for the panel van rear courtesy lights (rocker switch style ones). The price looked good for a pair of these bulbs but the ebay ad is a bit ambiguous - OSRAM LEDriving SL LED C5W (41mm) 6000K Cool White Car Bulbs (Twin) SV8.5-8.

So I used the contact seller facility to check whether this was the price for two bulbs:

New message to: upgradebulbs
Is this price for two bulbs?

And they replied:

New message from: upgradebulbs (67,204PurpleShooting Star)
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I can confirm that, that is the price for two bulbs.

Kind regards,

Brandon
Upgrade Bulbs

Happy days...so I ordered them. They delivered one bulb. Cue another message to them:

Why did you only send one bulb then?
with a picture of the delivered item and receipt.

And their response:

New message from: upgradebulbs (67,247PurpleShooting Star)
Hello,

Thank you for your email.

I've looked into this for you and it looks like there's an error with the eBay listing as this item is stocked and sold as a single.

We will look into this further and we appreciate you bringing this up to us.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Jack
Upgrade Bulbs

So, I responded declining their apology and asking for the goods:

Yes, but I asked you below before ordering, and you said it was the price for two. So please can you fulfill it

To which they responded:

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

It looks like my colleague referred to the eBay listing when quoting this which there is of course an error with.

Unfortunately, as it is a single stocked and sold item another order would need to be placed.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Jack
Upgrade Bulbs

To which I replied:

Clearly it is your mistake and one which you have just confirmed was made. I would like the goods which I bought as per the contract of sale. I cannot see why you would want the negative feedback rather than do the right thing by a customer?

Since then they have declined to reply. I have raised a request for the items using the ebay order facility. They have until the 22nd April to respond and resolve the problem, after which ebay may step in. And failing that, I will dispute the credit card transaction and get my money back.

So, you can make your own mind up on this ebay seller,

Dodgy seller! I suspect you’ll have to go down the credit card dispute route

Just do it. Tosser deserves a slap. Good luck getting money back from PayPal tho.

Knobs.. the world of goods for sale is full of em. Once you find good ones keep supporting them.
Stick at them and tell everyone what they are like...and get your goods or money back of course.

The seller has offered another solution

Hi Andrew,

The seller has responded to you and offered another solution to resolve this issue.

Seller's message:
'Hello, Thank you for your message. Please accept my apologies for the confusion surrounding this order. The original listing was incorrect so and we mistakenly gave you some incorrect information. In order to rectify this issue I have arranged for the order to be resent on an express service in order to apologise for the inconvenience caused. This will be delivered tomorrow via DPD. Kind regards, Brandon'

That's better. Well done, Brandon. Not rocket science, is it!

So does that mean they aren't dodgy anymore? Just a bit unprofessional?
No. Dodgy still.
They advertised a pair of bulbs for £X, the OP specifically asked them to confirm their offer was for a pair, they confirmed that the price was for two bulbs. (Their first opportunity to correct a mistake)
The OP received one bulb and complained. (Their second opportunity to correct a mistake) They responded as though it was not their problem!
The OP then responds with wise words like "contract of sale" and "feedback", and raised the issue with eBay, eventually they realised that the OP wasn't just going to suck it up and they fulfilled their side of the deal.
To me that's a bit more than a bit unprofessional.

All things considered, I'd be happy to buy from them if they were selling what I wanted at a good price. No business likes to lose money so I can see why they were trying their luck initially unfortunately for them the error of their ways was made abundantly clear at which point they sucked it up and did the right thing.

All things considered, I'd be happy to buy from them if they were selling what I wanted at a good price. No business likes to lose money so I can see why they were trying their luck initially unfortunately for them the error of their ways was made abundantly clear at which point they sucked it up and did the right thing.
I prefer a business that's honest from the start, not one that tries their luck.

I don't see any genuine dishonesty and I would expect the same outcome as Andy I just wouldn't be upset by them explaining their mistake in the hope I might let them gey away with it (I wouldn't!) is the point I was trying to get across.

I don't think I'll be buying from them again. The goods, if they arrive tomorrow, will have taken 14 days to buy, with all this additional hassle. I prefer to get what I pay for first time around

I don't see any genuine dishonesty and I would expect the same outcome as Andy I just wouldn't be upset by them explaining their mistake in the hope I might let them gey away with it (I wouldn't!) is the point I was trying to get across.

I see it the same way. Mistake in the listing and staff incompetence so @Andysmee used his consumer rights to get the goods as advertised. 1-0 for Andy eventually. :)

Just do it. Tosser deserves a slap. Good luck getting money back from PayPal tho.
Srrange, I've found the opposite with PayPal, far too ready to give buyers their money back. Anyway eBay are now dropping PayPal

Bulb arrived, couriered next day in a box. Must have cost them a lot. Would have been easier to send it second class when I first complained!

Back