Upgrade plastic steering wheel to leather

Garby

T6 Pro
Hi all
i have a really nice T6 3 years old. I had to take it into Vw for some warranty work last week ( that’s another story Vw dealerships are absolutely a waste of time,or at least the ones I’ve dealt with.

I had a courtesy van with a leather wheel and all the buttons, mines a std plastic wheel with no buttons, all I want is a decent leather wheel without buttons, the courtesy van wheel made such a difference and feel. Please can any direct me to the correct wheel to buy, has anyone had just a leather wheel fitted, ( I don’t fancy the self stitch one )
Any advice much appreciated
thanks Phil

loads on eBay

I know there’s loads out there, are they straight forward to change over from a plastic one to a basic leather one,
phil

If you're not after buttons on the wheel and it comes with it's own airbag it's easy.
Complications come with button and different airbag versions

I know there’s loads out there, are they straight forward to change over from a plastic one to a basic leather one,
phil
Yea;, straight swap. Just make sure the one you buy has hooks to hold the airbag. You can reuse your old one then.

Thanks for the replies and information , loads out there just need to make sure I get the correct one
thanks Phil

I swapped mine easy enough. Anything air bag related disconnect the battery for a few minutes before removing it.

Back