Unlock DAB?

JezzaG

Hi everyone.

I have recently picked up a 67 plate Shuttle SE and I'm surprise to find that even though it has a fairly up to date entertainment system with Apple CarPlay, it doesn't have DAB radio. It looks like this may have been an option.

Are there any experts around here. Is it possible to get this enabled, it it generic hardware with options set at time of purchase.

The Device part number is: 5K7035200L
Hardware H41
Software: 0449

Media Codec: 4101.0.0.0

I've found this site but not sure if it would be of any benefit. Volkswagen Infotainment Update

I don't really want the expense of changing the head unit. I need to save my money for wheels & lowering

Thanks in advance

AFAIK they all have DAB as standard, so is this an aftermarket unit?

Edit: read the SSP and have seen @Loz post showing the small screen unit having FM/AM only.

Last edited:
Odd. I have a ‘lower’ spec stereo in my 2017 van and that has DAB.

On mine, you tap the radio icon button at the bottom of the screen and it comes up with the bands that you then select.

8B38647C-0463-4F63-9A8F-5AA8754FB2D6.jpeg

Last edited:
If you had this unit, it does not do DAB. See attached.
3CCCF490-4F6F-4A38-8D16-79EAF9679543.jpeg

Attachments

• SSP__562__Infotainment_and_Car-Net_in_T6_2016_and_Caddy_2016.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I think you have to have some DAB reception for it to be selectable.

I think you have to have some DAB reception for it to be selectable.
I live in a good DAB area (I know there are issues with reception in the T6), I'd still expect it to show up on the band list. I only have FM & AM showing
.tempImagea3qDvX.jpg

This may not give you the answer you were hoping for: Scroll through the post below and you will find a reference to your radio ('Composition Media Radio') It states that DAB+ is 'optional'. It may confirm your fears. Perhaps the absence of a DAB antennae would confirm this?

I also found the attached manual. I don't know if there is anything there that helps. There is also a general mention of 'Deactivate'. I don't know if it is possible to deactivate/activate the DAB function. Perhaps holding the Band selection icon on the screen for a few seconds might trip something to change?

Media, Head units, App Connect, Voice . . . . . etc . . . . . . . work in progress.

The radios and navigation systems:

A new generation of radios and navigation systems is launching in the T6 2016 for Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. They set new standards in terms of operation and connection possibilities for external devices. All devices can be combined with a provision for mobile telephone.

The following devices are available:

• Composition Audio radio

The Composition Audio radio The Composition Audio radio is the entry-level variant
of the radio systems for the Caddy 2016 and T6 2016. This radio is not part of the modular
infotainm

Attachments

• VW Composition & Discover Media Infotainment Manual.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
5K7035200L
That's interesting one - yours with suffix "L" is the only one in the UK (of 145 VCDS scans I have collected). Others in the UK have only suffixes "G", "K".
Found "L" in vans in Czech and Romania.
I know that suffixes "D", "E", "F" definitely do not have DAB capability (were sold here 2015-17).

That's interesting one - yours with suffix "L" is the only one in the UK (of 145 VCDS scans I have collected). Others in the UK have only suffixes "G", "K".
Found "L" in vans in Czech and Romania.
I know that suffixes "D", "E", "F" definitely do not have DAB capability (were sold here 2015-17).
Interesting. Prior to me picking it up. The van came ‘ex demo’ directly from the main dealer in Poole.

Reactions: mmi
This may not give you the answer you were hoping for: Scroll through the post below and you will find a reference to your radio ('Composition Media Radio') It states that DAB+ is 'optional'. It may confirm your fears. Perhaps the absence of a DAB antennae would confirm this?
Where would I find the DAB antenna? I thought they were within the wing mirror.

I tried holding the ‘band’ icon. No luck

Back