Uneven Windscreen washer Jets

Jlo

SixPointOne
T6 Guru
Hey all,

I've got uneven windscreen washers jets with jets working better on the passenger side better than the drivers side. I do get some water out the drivers side but it's noticeably weaker and would like to fix it... Is there somthing restricting the flow? Is there somthing I can check easily?

Thanks in advance!

Get a pin and unblock the jets.

You can also take the water pipe off the back and blow back through it to clear it.

Its normally debris or wax clogging the jets

Never done it on a transporter, will look later when it's light.. Thanks!

I alter the direction of the jets using a pin. Pop the pin in the jet and swing the pin around to where you want the jet.

Set it a little higher to allow for motorway speed airflow.

Biker’s will usually know this......As they are often sprayed by the car in front whilst waiting at lights

Rest assured, you‘re using the most expensive water in the UK, good old SWW!
The most expensive perhaps but it doesn’t mean the best! Perhaps a little top up with some Evian (other brands are available) as a Christmas treat?!! ;)

I alter the direction of the jets using a pin.

Biker’s will usually know this......As they are often sprayed by the car in front whilst waiting at lights
Isn’t that why the T6 has 3 jets on each side? So the third jet on the passenger side can be aimed at MAMIL cyclists?!!

sorry, should have said... I was more concerned about the dirty farmers land rover parked next to the van!

A safety pin wasn't thin enough so made a 'tool' with some stainless steel Locking Wire (P.N.: MS20995-C20 if you're interested).. didn't need to open the bonnet, just ran the locking wire down the three nozzles on the drivers side... tested and sorted!

1608200276654.png

sorry, should have said... I was more concerned about the dirty farmers land rover parked next to the van!

A safety pin wasn't thin enough so made a 'tool' with some stainless steel Locking Wire (P.N.: MS20995-C20 if you're interested).. didn't need to open the bonnet, just ran the locking wire down the three nozzles on the drivers side... tested and sorted!

View attachment 95313
Locking wire, I remember those days working on aircraft, must have installed miles of the stuff:):):)

Reactions: Jlo
Real MAMIL's would be glad of a squirt of cooling water. It's hot work riding flat out, stopping for nothing.
Gotta admit that I used to only stop for number 2’s when out on my mountain bike, if it’s Lycra and raining who cares.

I alter the direction of the jets using a pin. Pop the pin in the jet and swing the pin around to where you want the jet.

Set it a little higher to allow for motorway speed airflow.

I tried the pin trick and the bugger broke off inside my washer nozzle

Back