4Motion - Underslung Water

dubboy

Has anybody fitted one of these? What make and where can it fit? Want to keep the spare wheel if possible. Thanks

My guess is that the Amber Plastics ones won't fit a 4Motion (Amber Plastics are the folks that supply Autosleepers and are available from Autocraft at Staveley) so maybe your only option is CAK at Kenilworth

Others may come up with better solutions.

Rod

My guess is that the Amber Plastics ones won't fit a 4Motion (Amber Plastics are the folks that supply Autosleepers and are available from Autocraft at Staveley) so maybe your only option is CAK at Kenilworth

Others may come up with better solutions.

Rod
@rod_vw are you referring to the spare-wheel well tank or the centre-chassis tank?

@dubboy is your van a Euro 5 or Euro 6? And what kind of additional heaters, if any, do you have fitted?

@Ads_Essex I'm referring to the rear tank that fits around the spare wheel and into the space where the rear differential is on a 4motion and the one that fits down the centre of the chassis beside the front silencer.

Rod

@Ads_Essex I'm referring to the rear tank that fits around the spare wheel and into the space where the rear differential is on a 4motion and the one that fits down the centre of the chassis beside the front silencer.

Rod
Thought you might be mate.

Providing he doesn’t have a Euro 6, the OP may be able to use the centre-chassis tank you recommended me - otherwise he’s stuck with the offside cill tank(s) I guess.

Thought you might be mate.

Providing he doesn’t have a Euro 6, the OP may be able to use the centre-chassis tank you recommended me - otherwise he’s stuck with the offside cill tank(s) I guess.
whats a euro 6 and how can I tell if I have one? Am thinking of underslug water for my 6.1 4 motion and trying to figure out whats likely to fit under there.

6.1 is Euro 6. You will have an ad-blue filler underneath the diesel filler.

On mine, I put a cill tank in from CAK tanks, about 27L. There is also space for tanks at the rear quarter- CAK do one, but there was a thread on here with a poster who had a much better solution, and avoided dealing with the vagueness of CAK.

I have a heater fitted by driver’s step, but this space is also available if not.

6.1 is Euro 6. You will have an ad-blue filler underneath the diesel filler.

On mine, I put a cill tank in from CAK tanks, about 27L. There is also space for tanks at the rear quarter- CAK do one, but there was a thread on here with a poster who had a much better solution, and avoided dealing with the vagueness of CAK.

I have a heater fitted by driver’s step, but this space is also available if not.
Thanks for clearing that up, it does indeed have the ad blue under the diesel filler.

I'm trying to figure out if I can get a 40 to 60 litre water tank under there somewhere, as big as possible, and still keep the spare tyre in the holder. I guess you have to consider also the weight on each side of the van with what your adding in there. Should I consider placing all my electrical store in the opposite side of the van from the full water tank for a more even weight displacement.

Does a part of the diesel heater also need to be fitted underneath the van? Can you elaborate on that so I get a clearer picture.

As if it wasn't already complex enough trying to plan all this I only recently discovered that the 4 motion was also different in structure than the regular transporter. It of course makes perfect sense that it would be but I had not considered it until recently.

Usually the heater body goes under the step. You can put it inside, but then the exhaust still comes out where the tank would be.

I found the corner tank thread which would give you some extra-

Pictures of my install here

Back