snoop6060

T6 Pro
Morning,

I have one getting delivered tomorrow from Autogas and the install looks fairly straightforward, but I have a couple of questions.

1) Is it somehow possible to mount the filler nozzle in the spare grommet by the fuel cap where the adblue would normally go (retro euro 5 here)? Its just rubber, so mounting it should be possible but not sure how easy it would be to route the pipe down, or if there is another reason this cannot be done.

2) Various people sell surface mount external gas points (well, they call them BBQ points but there is no such thing as a gas BBQ :) ). I want an external point but no ugly thing in the side of the van. This is no more than a 2 way connector some pipe and a stop tap right? I assume I can just build this out of readily available parts for a few quid rather than buying some specific from one of these suppliers. Want to mount it somewhere under the van but not too difficult to get to. This possible?

Any other tips for install and safety?

Cheers,
Si

Morning,

I have one getting delivered tomorrow from Autogas and the install looks fairly straightforward, but I have a couple of questions.

1) Is it somehow possible to mount the filler nozzle in the spare grommet by the fuel cap where the adblue would normally go (retro euro 5 here)? Its just rubber, so mounting it should be possible but not sure how easy it would be to route the pipe down, or if there is another reason this cannot be done.

2) Various people sell surface mount external gas points (well, they call them BBQ points but there is no such thing as a gas BBQ :) ). I want an external point but no ugly thing in the side of the van. This is no more than a 2 way connector some pipe and a stop tap right? I assume I can just build this out of readily available parts for a few quid rather than buying some specific from one of these suppliers. Want to mount it somewhere under the van but not too difficult to get to. This possible?

Any other tips for install and safety?

Cheers,
Si
@Fish has an underslung gas tank, be worth talking to him.

BBQ point - Truma Coupling Quick-Acting Valve KV8

You could also go for an in line quick release coupler but the one above is a lot safer as you can't disconnect without first turning the gas tap off - I have one in my ugly external BBQ point :)

I quite like the safety feature of that but it's certainly pricey compared to a standard coupler and stop tap.

I had another thought. Do have to display any sort of sticker for emergency services to say there is a gas tank under the vehicle? It's bright red and visible but who knows.

I quite like the safety feature of that but it's certainly pricey compared to a standard coupler and stop tap.

I had another thought. Do have to display any sort of sticker for emergency services to say there is a gas tank under the vehicle? It's bright red and visible but who knows.
Good practice but I don't believe it's a legal requirement.

I have an underslung LPG tank with the filler under the rear bumper, but I didn't fit it myself. Not near my van right now but if you want photos of the install then let me know and I can send the wife/daughter under there with a phone :)

That would be most helpful :)

If the filler at the rear is discreet and not too much of a pain to fill I'll forget about the extra work of mounting it in the fuel filler bit. As neat as a solution that would be it does seam like a bit of a pain to do.

Excellent, very useful. What model of solenoid did you use? Bit of a last minute addition but think I'm gonna order one and wire it to a switch by the slider.

I saw this at the weekend at Busfest and think this is the way to go for us. Can anyone recommend a company to do the work that is not a Zillion miles from Essex?

So stupid question time, will this set up also run the hob in the van?

So stupid question time, will this set up also run the hob in the van?
Yes it will run the job, and you can also have it run a heater in the van as well (instead of using a diesel heater). The only downside with the lpg heater is that you can't use it whilst driving.

First question, no you can't have the filler in the fuel filler compartment flap, due to the test the filler line has to pass and if you remove it your installation cert and test is void.
How much to fill question around £4.50 for a 12 litre tank. How long does that last well it all depends how much you use it. I run a fridge, oven, hob, propex night heater and cadac on a BBQ point. Use the van every week either camping or just day tripping. Filled up in January, and topped it up with 8 ltrs last Friday (£3.76) 8th sept. Cheaper than chips!

It is the best solution, as @BiTurbo says above..
Underslung out of the way.

Mine was fitted in Ringwood at main office. Great service, half day fit..
Thoughts - remember to plan where your shutsoff valves will be situated.

Back