For anyone interested I have had an alimuimum LPG tank skid plate designed and powder coated to protect it alittle more. If your interested in more details or want one let me know.

Images to follow.
Presumably for the more traditional LPG tank for cooking, not the huge 85 litre spare wheel replacement tank that I have? ;)

Update on the fuel filler flap location for the fill point- the report from the workshop is that there is a void there and nothing to fix to; if a bracket was bolted or welded on there then it would be a feasible place to fit it, but the workshop did not have time to do it. I've gone standard, with a rear fill and gas point. I have to say it is very low, but workable.

A weeks camping and not used one bar yet. Faulty gauge or just a load of gas?

The Cadac is brilliant!! Paella while camping was a treat!

1AC3F2A4-E419-44F4-925D-9D7A49DEEED7.jpeg C63103E6-9819-4081-B3F7-9DC742F7C8EF.jpeg 8302746F-FFA4-4147-AA23-DC278B1BA6D1.jpeg 3636925A-B6B5-491F-BFCF-7EED60EB717A.jpeg C5F79B01-CEA5-44D5-BE71-166C8281890E.jpeg BF4D5BAE-E3EA-4509-B761-850ED22D1FD7.jpeg

View attachment 45313 View attachment 45314 View attachment 45315 View attachment 45316 View attachment 45317 View attachment 45318
I’m 1/3rd down my 6kg Gaslow bottle after 1 month away, another month to go & I’ll still have a 1/3rd left by the time I get home. Been using the BBQ & boiling ring most days. It’ll cost me about £4 to fill up when I get home.

86E2EF22-62AF-47BF-977A-2E31DBF168F1.jpeg

View attachment 45313 View attachment 45314 View attachment 45315 View attachment 45316 View attachment 45317 View attachment 45318
Pretty normal.
The other day (whilst deliberately trying to empty my tank, in fear that Propex wouldn’t fix it with it being full) I had the Cadac running for 6 hours, and the heater on with all doors in the van wide open; didn’t use a single led light of gas on the dial.

Has anyone successfully installed an underslung LPG tank on a 4motion without sacrificing spare wheel? (I am happy for it to be super-small, sub 16l)

Had a bit of a search but no luck in finding a 'yes' answer... I really want to do it!
Hi, wondered if you had an luck with figuring the 4m small lpg tank location. Surely not impossible!

There are a few plastic tanks for water that run alongside the chassis, but I've not heard of a LPG tank. I suppose you could have one fabricated? Propex workshops are really helpful +44(0) 333 0110 488

First time post!

I've just bought the CAK tanks that fit under the drivers side cill. Will make sure to have them fitted before the gas!

Also wandering about tank placement as I have a 4motion. When I bought the van in the summer it didn't come with a spare wheel so happy for Propex to mount in the spare wheel recess. But would be nice to keep it free if possible.

dragging up an old post sorry....been looking into this as its my next major mod

this seems cheap at £253??

fitted also...you go to the propex site and its £412 plus vat for the kit??

any help appreciated

chris

dragging up an old post sorry....been looking into this as its my next major mod

this seems cheap at £253??

fitted also...you go to the propex site and its £412 plus vat for the kit??

any help appreciated

chris

is £412 fitted? There is a fair amount of work to fit them and they have to ensure it’s safe. Propex did a great job on mine.

Something doesnt seem right. I got the same kit from Autogas and it was £415 inc vat delivered. I then fitted myself. The fitting is easy with the supplied brackets. The hard bit was fitting the propex heater as I had to make a custom bracket.

Even if £253 was supply only it still seems very cheap

I called Leisure Lines about this price on their website. They said its a mistake and it is not available.
I bought the Gaslow kit from Grassroutes leisure, its the same kit that propex supply.
Bit of a job to fit, mainly due to access for getting the M10 rivnuts in securely.
The rest of it was straight forward.
My Dad is an oil and gas Engineer so all connections were tested etc.
We got the feed pipe up in through a drain hole in the body, nd had to cut one biger hole that used one of the VW grommets.

One little tip is to get some gas in the tank (maybe just a couple of litres) before you fit it, so you can leak test while its up on the ramps.

HTH

Deaks

IMG_0598.jpeg

how much was it deaks?

looks good and kinda what im after... pal of mine filled me with dread with all sorts of stop valves and copper pipe scenarios and crash sensors etc...

im lowish on b14's but want to basically have gas to stove and barbecue and thats my lot....

thanks chris

About £450 I think. We used plastic coated 8mm copper tube and a braided 1m pig tail hose for the BBQ connection. Hamilton gas products should have it all.
I think we used, one straight connector, one T connector and a on/off valve up inside the van ready to connect in the hob, a 10M coil of the plastic coated pipe is plenty.
Use 10mm P clips to secure the copper along the chassis rail
Your mate is talking shite about crash sensors etc.
The kit comes with an electrically controlled solenoid which you control from the little fill level indicator.
Instructions are very clear and easy to follow.

IMG_0591.JPEGIMG_0593.JPEGIMG_0596.JPEGIMG_0597.JPEGIMG_0598.JPEG

Back