Shaun Witts
No - engines have a liquid feed with their own vapourizer, domestic uses it already vapourized. Have you ever seen what happens when a domestic bottle falls over whilst gas is ignited? Towering inferno!

I'm booked in at Propex at the end of this month. I wonder how open they will be to siting the fill point under the fuel flap? @Fish ?

I'm booked in at Propex at the end of this month. I wonder how open they will be to siting the fill point under the fuel flap? @Fish ?
They will do it, but reluctantly.. you'll need to pre-arrange with them and disscuss it..be aimed with assembly drawings from the to work out how the cap housing sits and is fitted etc.
Ensure you think of outlet placements..future proof etc.

I was going to investigate this but since I am having a BBQ at rear it seems best to fill from the rear as well.

Any decent apps for LPG filling locations?

I use the LPG map on www.filllpg.co.uk

Shaun Witts
No - engines have a liquid feed with their own vapourizer, domestic uses it already vapourized. Have you ever seen what happens when a domestic bottle falls over whilst gas is ignited? Towering inferno!

The brass bayonet filling point sure looks similar in the photos.

I'm hoping to lookie at a few at Bala see if i like the idea, just for a little cooking outside !

Getting close to getting it sorted then.. Fingers crossed you get it fixed soon. I know how frustrating these things are!

I purchased a Cadac Carri Chef 2 ready for my LPG tank being fitted soon.. What else do I need for the connection or can propex can help with this?
I got several quick release gas fittings, and made up leads of different lengths so as to cater for wherever I choose to do the cooking I.e at the rear or round the front.
Take a look at the products from Hamilton Gas Products.
8mm Quick Release Gas Hose Coupling | Buy now from gasproducts.co.uk

Great thanks.

So what does propex terminate with on the BBQ connector at the back of the van?

Propex say they haven't done one on a T5.1/6 but they will look on arrival...doesn't sound too hopeful :( I may be pleasantly surprised, we'll wait and see.

My LPG filler is in the same location, feeding an 85l toroidal tank in place of the spare wheel. But then, that powers my TSi engine. I wonder if it would be possible to tap a feed from that tank for domestic purposes...?
Not that I want that in my van, but for any other TSi owners out there.
View attachment 43004 View attachment 43005

I'd say go for it at the rear..

After filling up my freshly installed tank tonight with the lever type handle filler at the rear of the van I am pleased to say I went for the filler connection at the rear as opposed to by the petrol filler.

The filler is really clunky and I could see the door or filler door getting marked easily.

After filling up my freshly installed tank tonight with the lever type handle filler at the rear of the van I am pleased to say I went for the filler connection at the rear as opposed to by the petrol filler.

The filler is really clunky and I could see the door or filler door getting marked easily.
It is hell of a big and chunky dispensing unit. I struggled to get it on last time, but then I am right down on B14’s, was towing a loaded boat trailer, and was rammed full of camping gear. Ended up taking a bit of paint off the underside of the bumper. Should have pulled the levelling blocks out of the back and reversed up on to them, that would have sorted it.

I’ve used a few of those type of connector, and while they are not as convenient as the more normal type, I’ve not had any problem. The round protection disk is also flexible enough to bend against the fuel filler flap (with care), and doesn’t seem to put it under too much strain.

I’ve used a few of those type of connector, and while they are not as convenient as the more normal type, I’ve not had any problem. The round protection disk is also flexible enough to bend against the fuel filler flap (with care), and doesn’t seem to put it under too much strain.

Pay you money take your choice.. :)

When you getting it done?

I'm having it done on 31/5, I'll let you know what I have done and the pros/cons.

For anyone interested I have had an alimuimum LPG tank skid plate designed and powder coated to protect it alittle more. If your interested in more details or want one let me know.

Images to follow.

Back