Has anyone else with a propex underslung gas tank found it difficult to locate petrol stations that sell autogas of late?
Having not needed to fill mine up in the past year, I noted whilst cooking a pizza on my cadac last weekend that I was almost empty. Went to the petrol station that I have filled up from before - no gas pump anymore.
Looked up the other local-ish place, nope, got removed 4 months ago. Was about to take a 60+ mile round trip to a large service station that I knew definitely still had a pump, when I called a couple of other more niche places locally. Neither had it and said they hadn’t had it for years (bloomin lying internet), but one told me that Morrison’s at Leamington Spa did. So a 40 mile round trip later I have now got a full lpg tank.
Is it just me, or are the petrol stations ripping these pumps out?
Maybe they just can’t bear to be selling something that the customer only pays 55p a litre for?

Quote from T3 forum:
"It won’t be fully phased out , morrisons and esso say they are taking up the slack left by shell falling out with auto gas , so yes there will be fewer stations than there was , but it’s a by product of making petrol , it is still used for heating and cooking ...."

Quote from T3 forum:
"It won’t be fully phased out , morrisons and esso say they are taking up the slack left by shell falling out with auto gas , so yes there will be fewer stations than there was , but it’s a by product of making petrol , it is still used for heating and cooking ...."
Anyone got a quote for this. Just booked my tank to get fitted. Will cancel if its dieing

Anyone got a quote for this. Just booked my tank to get fitted. Will cancel if its dieing
If you’re only using it for cooking you should only need to fill it once/twice a year. Just something to think about.

There are a couple of Apps that I use:
FillLPG
myLPG.eu
They both seem to show info where pumps are out of order at present

I noticed similar in East Anglia when I was there recently. Garages that I had used pre-Covid no longer selling LPG. One still had it listed on the price board (with no price).
Thankfully the garages I normally use in Lancashire still seem to stock it, though prices vary wildly.

Same problem here in Derbyshire with the Shell garages pulling it. As said before you only need to fill up a few times a year and the thing is to plan ahead and fill up before you get too low. Mind you they do look at you a bit curiously when you only spend £5:)

I'd an underslung on my last van, I filled it up at the local Calor Gas Centre. Now that it's been brought up I'd quite like another underslung to replace my 907...

hi guys
whats the best kit out there at the moment....fitting myself at home (ex tech so not a daft un...booooooom!)

thanks chris

Been very happy with my Propex. Fitted it myself with a helper and on a ramp. Then had it tested by a gas engineer. I fitted it early on in my conversion before cupboards etc.

Hello,
I'm new into this and have been reading several posts here. So great that the there is so much information available.
I have a brand new VW T6.1, short wheel base, without 4motion.

I have been looking installing the underslung watertank 69l

Is it possible to also install a small gas tank without sacrificing the spare wheel?
Thanks so much!
greets from Belgium

Propex do an Underslung kit but it fits in front of the spare wheel where your water tank would sit

Hello,
I'm new into this and have been reading several posts here. So great that the there is so much information available.
I have a brand new VW T6.1, short wheel base, without 4motion.

I have been looking installing the underslung watertank 69l

Is it possible to also install a small gas tank without sacrificing the spare wheel?
Thanks so much!
greets from Belgium
You can get a water tank that sits over the rear wheel arch that effectively uses dead space. You could then put your gas tank underneath where the water tank was going to go. This would give the water tank some protection from freezing. We carry 30litres of water and it’s ample for 2 people for 2-3days. We’ve never run out in 7 years of ownership & we spend a lot of time off grid. The other problem to consider with a fixed water tank, is that you have to take the van to the source in order to fill up. We have a 20litre internal tank & a 10litre portable plastic Jerry Can. We can take the jerry can to the source, which makes it much easier to top up on the go. If you’re only using the gas for cooking, we find that 6kg will last us all season. Which for us is around 100days in the van.

Back