OEM plastic underbody trim/covers

View attachment 55152 View attachment 55151
Hi
Could I ask you kind folks if this bit looks right. It’s a small plastic bit on the underside of the van just behind the front wheel. Seems to be protecting the open edge of one of the underside covers.
The lower photo is all the crud that was packed in above it, presumably due to all the puddles with the rain of late. I’m worried that the plastic part is sprained downwards towards the rear which is to the left of the photo. Taken from drivers side. Had a sneaky look under a t5.1 this afternoon and looked similar but less bent down at the back. Mines a velle 2018 150 dsg.

Any help or pics of yours!! Would be great

Cheers
I think this is the same as mine if it’s behind the drivers side front wheel it has happened twice on my van the first time I took it to my dealer and they said it was quite a common occurrence & I must have driven through a large puddle ,At the time I couldn’t remember driving through any puddles but I was able to bend the guard back into place just recently I did have to drive for a large puddle the next day I noticed the guard was folded right back and broken more so from before . It would be interesting to know there must be many others vans this has happened to. If they have indeed noticed as I didn’t until the van was in for a service whether anyone else has had this problem

I think this is the same as mine if it’s behind the drivers side front wheel it has happened twice on my van the first time I took it to my dealer and they said it was quite a common occurrence & I must have driven through a large puddle ,At the time I couldn’t remember driving through any puddles but I was able to bend the guard back into place just recently I did have to drive for a large puddle the next day I noticed the guard was folded right back and broken more so from before . It would be interesting to know there must be many others vans this has happened to. If they have indeed noticed as I didn’t until the van was in for a service whether anyone else has had this problem

Hi I’ll try to take a few more pics in the morning. I’m wondering whether the slightly angled piece needs to be tucked behind the larger pice heading off to the left just under the sill, or whether it should sit on top as it is now but less angled. Can’t see anything snapped and looks the same on passenger side and there was crud packed under there too

07538BEF-9440-4E9F-8786-C2738D0BA61D.jpeg DD7E4272-B20D-45AA-BA9F-D1F6251BDC3C.jpeg 153F33E6-FA4A-49E5-B398-36C0FECEFBAE.jpeg
Hi I’ll try to take a few more pics in the morning. I’m wondering whether the slightly angled piece needs to be tucked behind the larger pice heading off to the left just under the sill, or whether it should sit on top as it is now but less angled. Can’t see anything snapped and looks the same on passenger side and there was crud packed under there too

Hope these extra pics help to identity the area

Hi that’s great. It’s parts 11a and 10a. Do these smaller pieces sit below the larger plastic cover? Or are they tucked above. I’m wondering if the water pressure has just forced them to pop doown or whether just the mass of collected crud pushed them down .

Hi that’s great. It’s parts 11a and 10a. Do these smaller pieces sit below the larger plastic cover? Or are they tucked above. I’m wondering if the water pressure has just forced them to pop doown or whether just the mass of collected crud pushed them down

Sorry just replied in your other thread by accident

mINE FILLED WI5TH WATER WHILE TRAVELLING AND THEN HIT ANOTHER FLOOD AND THE PRESSURE OF WATER SNAPPED IT. sorry FOR THE CAPS, IN A RUSH

Pete (and all),

update on the cracks....

It was all cosmetic to the underside tray. Dealer said it looked like poor jacking on one side and fatigue fracture on the other. They have checked and all is well underneath. They also replaced all with new before delivery today.

Thank you for your help and advice on this.
Andy

OK so I went through a flooded section of a road yesterday, came through the other side with the passenger side undertray ripped in half hanging off !!!
I’ve found a replacement on eBay, but it doesn’t come with any fixings. There’s only 1 or 2 left on the original tray.
Where will I get the replacement fixings, bolts, screws, clips and so on ?

Engine undertray uses 6 bolts and plastics down the edges prob another 15 each side but they are all machine thread bolts

Is it part number 7E0 825 205 F you broke Glenn?

I happened to look under mine earlier and found the trim broken and hanging off. No idea how it could have happened. I went through a ford earlier in the week so am now thinking this could be how!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

C0095B5B-74DB-4E57-AAAD-E10905B6F971.jpeg

I had the same problem with mine, despite searching for Ad Blue Under tray I could confidently find the number (I didn’t find this tread then). Part number V7E0 825 205 G for £62, but £140 fitted so worth being able to source yourself if you can access underside of your van

View attachment 60941

I had the same problem with mine, despite searching for Ad Blue Under tray I could confidently find the number (I didn’t find this tread then). Part number V7E0 825 205 G for £62, but £140 fitted so worth being able to source yourself if you can access underside of your van

7E0 825 205 G is the part I bought. Differed from the original in that it had a heat shield fitted to it. Easy DIY fix once you’ve got the van up on the ramps.

Chanced upon this thread in the New Posts section and got an answer to a question I hadn't asked yet. Answer is 'Locking Star Washers'. Thanks @Deaky!

Back