OEM plastic underbody trim/covers

I'm looking to replace some of these underbody bits too Uber gave them back after putting tanks under !
I wanna faff and make them fit to protect sills..

Looking at catalogue !!!
Silly question I'm guessing but anyone know as parts are listed as Left rear and right rear

Can I assume Left is DRIVERS SIDE and Right is PASSINGER SIDE

Many thanks

I think his damage is on the passenger side, mine is drivers.

@robinsonglenn Yep passenger side :( You couldn't grab a photo or 2 of your passenger underside could you?

I think my original part is 7E0825205E which seems to have been replaced by 7E0825205F (2016/17 respectivly) both of which are now obsoleted by 7H0 825 208 G (current).

The current part seems less substantial when compared to my original and I don't have any access to a newer van to have a look see - coincidentally the 'before' example is one of the same year just up the road from me. Also I can only seem to source older part (F) directly from Germany... (want to avoid the stealerships if possible)

Thanks all :)

Last edited:
I broke mine when I smashed a puddle back in Feb.
Here's the part no. On mine...
20190827_180648.jpg
I recently took it to VW Garage and the mechanic said it's not really worth replacing as they go brittle over time and all seem to end up in bits eventually.
IMG-20190824-WA0000.jpg

Hi everyone, I joined back in August and my plan was to get a T6 and get converting over winter. I have now found a van and will be collecting in 2 weeks. One thing I noticed when I went to view was some cracks to the underside. Can anyone tell me if this is something to be concerned about? Is it a case of poor jacking positioning or a weak plastic undercarriage protection (seen this in a t4 forum)? It looks like it’s under the fuel tank and all along the left hand side. I didn’t spot it while there, only when reviewing my video later.

Any suggestions or advice welcome. Thanks in advance,

84234B85-71BD-4268-B5B3-3B67BB155DA7.jpeg

That doesn’t look good, even if it is “just” plastic.
I would need to compare your picture with the underside of my T6 to work out what exactly is cracked.
Got any more pictures or footage ?

Pete

Hi Pete,
No, I took a video under the van assessing the suspension etc. Didn’t spot it until I had driven 3hrs home and was looking over video... will see if I can pause it any better....

thanks,

Ok. I should be fitting our winter tyres tomorrow, so will have a look under ours to try and work out what is cracked on yours.

Pete

Hi Pete,

can’t seem to upload video as it might be too big, but have screen grabbed a few shots of the cracks. Van is a LWB and the cracks seem to be just in front of the rear wheels on each side.... wish I had spotted it there and could have asked while it was on ramps... it’s on both sides which makes me think it may be poor lifting / jacking but want to be sure before I take delivery....

thanks for looking Pete, hope to contribute a lot more when I get going with my conversion.

Andy

B4557CD9-58B4-4569-960D-EF4B815B2A91.jpeg

2B5254AD-AFB2-4ECC-A30C-0A80F61B4F90.jpeg

These underbody protection panels go really brittle. Mine shattered in that area when making alterations to allow for sidebars.
Mine has since completely vanished when hitting a deep puddle a tad too hard.
It's a common issue however if I was you I'd personally like to check for damage under that panel when collecting.

Had a look on my SWB, and it's almost certainly the plastic protection panels. I would want to understand why they are cracked like that.
How many miles has it done, and has it had any mods underneath ?

Pete

Thanks all for your help and @robinsonglenn, @Ed Webb for the pictures :thumbsup:, hope to get something ordered up this week sometime, spot on :)
Only just seen this. I was in Scotland mid October and went through several flooded areas and had the same problem, but the water came into the side step through a habitation vent, anyway I was told that it was a common fault but not under warranty, I hope you got the correct part number, I went through 3 differing numbers and ended up at a vw van centre to get it done by them. Apparentlym in my case the part had got full of water and when I hit the next flood the pressure snapped the cover. I believe the cover is to protect the Ad blu tank on my van.

Had a look on my SWB, and it's almost certainly the plastic protection panels. I would want to understand why they are cracked like that.
How many miles has it done, and has it had any mods underneath ?

Pete

Hi Pete,

thank you so much for taking a look. Van is a 67 plate with 27k on the clock. No obvious mods as it’s still a LWB kombi. Only things I know, suspension springs changed by Leighton Vans and it has the side running bars but wouldn’t expect to see cracks there from these.

I have highlighted to the dealer who has said he will look and will let you know an update (hopefully before delivery date).
Really appreciate you taking a look though.
Thanks again,

Andy

New one put on whilst being MOT'd by a local independent as he has a nice lift and I don't :thumbsup:.

Part number was 7E0825205F and cost me £76.74 for the cover and £11.52 for fixings, both plus value added theft and a bit of labour.

There were added complications getting the old one off too, the impact had bent some of the fixings making them difficult to undo. I am so glad I didn't attempt it just lying under the van. Must get a proper jack and some heavy duty axle stands for next time ;)

New one put on whilst being MOT'd by a local independent as he has a nice lift and I don't :thumbsup:.

Part number was 7E0825205F and cost me £76.74 for the cover and £11.52 for fixings, both plus value added theft and a bit of labour.

There were added complications getting the old one off too, the impact had bent some of the fixings making them difficult to undo. I am so glad I didn't attempt it just lying under the van. Must get a proper jack and some heavy duty axle stands for next time ;)
Mine cost me £126 parts and labour and likewise I thought the same about not doing myself due to not having the good access under the van, bonus was that vw said I have 2 years warranty on the part, (not in writing though)

536CE001-AE95-4340-8261-0BCD79EB409E.jpeg 4D366F53-C5BC-47EB-B9CC-36E21FE1B638.jpeg
Hi
Could I ask you kind folks if this bit looks right. It’s a small plastic bit on the underside of the van just behind the front wheel. Seems to be protecting the open edge of one of the underside covers.
The lower photo is all the crud that was packed in above it, presumably due to all the puddles with the rain of late. I’m worried that the plastic part is sprained downwards towards the rear which is to the left of the photo. Taken from drivers side. Had a sneaky look under a t5.1 this afternoon and looked similar but less bent down at the back. Mines a velle 2018 150 dsg.

Any help or pics of yours!! Would be great

Cheers

Could you take a photo a bit further back so we can see exactly where this part is please?

Back