Walski

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi All
Bit of a frustrating conversation with my dealer today. My panel van was delivered without the under tray which is the protection panel on the underside of the engine. I spoke to the dealer who said they would fit the panel when my van came back from the dealer. I contacted them today to book it in and apparently they can no longer fit it free of charge as apparently it's correct that all panels come without the under tray. They want £250 fitted. I've had a right old moan to them as, if it's protection for the engine, then it shouldn't matter what van you drive as all engines are the same (Kombis, shuttle, Cali's all have it from factory).
So my question is, has anyone got a panel van that's got the under tray fitted from factory or had their dealer retro fit for free that I can use to support my argument??
Cheers folks

Mattsvan had his fitted at the dealers if I remember rightly.

I thought the consensus was that panels vans don't have them & everything else does.
Remember someone had a 4motion P/V that did have one (think it was miles @mrmilo ) so that may be the exception.
I think @Mattsvan may have just got lucky with his dealer as it was an early issue after release

Last edited:
Nope haven't got one, which is ridiculous considering the amount of plastic and tin covering the underside of the rest of the vehicle!!!!!

I thought the consensus was that panels vans don't have them & everything else does.
Remember someone had a 4motion P/V that did have one (think it was miles @mrmilo ) so that may be the exception.
I think @Mattsvan may have just got lucky with his dealer as it was an early issue after release

Im usually an exception!

Anyone know how much they are? Unfitted cos I'm tight lol And are they just dealer parts?
I know it's because I've bought a van to convert, but with amount of plastic and tin on the underneath it seem a stingy cost cutting exercise by VW!

Mine was about £150 inc VAT from the main dealer including the fixing bolts..... Really easy to fit

Yeah that was me.... That's why I bought the tray..... As you say, utter madness!!! Lots of talk about possible impact of large wheels and then VW go and leave parts of the engine exposed to the elements!?!?!?!

Hi All!!
Just wondered if anyone has used undertrays.com? Mine is cracked and is scrapping the floor so I need to replace it.....does anyone have any recomendations? My local VW Van Centre wants £250 for the plastic one, which I thought was a bit pricey!! Thanks

Hi All!!
Just wondered if anyone has used undertrays.com? Mine is cracked and is scrapping the floor so I need to replace it.....does anyone have any recomendations? My local VW Van Centre wants £250 for the plastic one, which I thought was a bit pricey!! Thanks
Grabbed mine off ebay £40 if i remember correctly !
Perfect fit and came with all the bolts ..
Mind you , i did get stuck on my back under me van on driveway fitting it

Grabbed mine off ebay £40 if i remember correctly !
Perfect fit and came with all the bolts ..
Mind you , i did get stuck on my back under me van on driveway fitting it

Oh really? I can only find the metal ones, which I'd prefer, I think but they work out about £200.

Haha, I'm presuming you got unstuck and your not replying from under your van?!!

I got an under tray fitted fitted by VW after driving through pits of invisible water at high speed that lead to the panelling being blown off. It cost a-bout 250 inc vat and the trainee that fitted it cracked it when putting it on. I havent said anything. i should do. As he cracked it when putting it on. But i dont really care to be honest. I dont know why im even writing this post but if anyone can be bothered to read it im posting it because the topic was on under trays and i bad one fitted. Its the only visible alteration I've had done on my van and they fcuked it up. I was thinking of putting araldite on it to stop any potential streams of water/air from widening the crack, but will probably leave it as im not really bothered

Back