Tyres - Will 19’s wear faster than 18’s?

RossBamsey

VIP Member
T6 Pro
After some advice please

Been looking for some new alloys for my T6 as the stock wheels look tiny I had my eye on a set of 19” wheels and was going to go for a 245 / 55 tyre but a friend who has a tyre garage (and a T5 himself) advised that the van eats through tyres and I’m better off getting some standard sport line alloys and lowering the van but I’m worried it won’t look as nice

Just wanted other peoples opinions please ?

Picture of my van with the stock wheels

F6F79B51-B009-49FC-93C8-3DB9E3A352CA.jpeg

After some advice please

Been looking for some new alloys for my T6 as the stock wheels look tiny I had my eye on a set of 19” wheels and was going to go for a 245 / 55 tyre but a friend who has a tyre garage (and a T5 himself) advised that the van eats through tyres and I’m better off getting some standard sport line alloys and lowering the van but I’m worried it won’t look as nice

Just wanted other peoples opinions please ?

Picture of my van with the stock wheels

View attachment 157850
AFAIK excessive lowering will chew tyres more than standard, as will a heavy van, and poor tyre pressures, more than the size of the wheel. Have a look at the Show me your 18’s / 19’s / 20’s threads for real world tyre wear feedback.

245-55-19 is too big. You need a 45 profile tyre on a 19" wheel to keep the gearing and speedo close to where it should be.

Back