Tyre wear

HHO

T6 Guru
Hi all
Had my T6 from new. Fitted with VW 30mm lowering kit and 18" sportlines shod with Conti 255 Sport 5. Noticed slight wear on outer edge of front near side tyre. Had a "Hunter" wheel alignment done today and geometry was very slightly out. Dealer said good practice to get geometry checked again a couple of months after lowering. He said some of the wear could also be attributable to the tyre brand and the "going round islands effect" - lots where I live. Just passing on advice - if you are lowering, keep an eye on your tyres for abnormal signs of wear etc.

Done 8000 miles in mine now, lowered on sportline springs, and rolling on sportline rims....
And guess what the inside edge on the off side tyre is bald as a coot!!!!
Im on holiday too! So gotta now go and find a tire bay somewhere here in France!!!

About 35psi ?
I think the tracking is out, as although the near side is also worn, it at least has some tread !

255/45/18 champiro HPY

that's what the dealer supplied me with anyway, I'm off to find a tire place now in South Brittany!
I wonder if rubber is cheaper here than back home in Blighty! Lmao

Sounds 100% wheel alignment out. I've got 255's too - Conti Sport 5 - a few people have told me to run them at 42 psi so that's what mine are at now.

The tech who looked at mine the other week said that my geometry was slightly out and tyres well under inflated for 255's. Fingers crossed all sorted now. Only very slight scrubbing on outer edge of NSF set my alarm bells off. Told not to expect miracles out of Conti's either.

Done 8000 miles in mine now, lowered on sportline springs, and rolling on sportline rims....
And guess what the inside edge on the off side tyre is bald as a coot!!!!
Im on holiday too! So gotta now go and find a tire bay somewhere here in France!!!
:eek::eek::eek: 8000 miles! That could turn into a expensive hobby! I hope I'll be getting a few more miles than that when I get mine.
Good luck finding some new tyres :thumbsup:

Just coming up to 17000 on Nankang 275/35/20 on 50mm lowered eibach springs . Think there is another 2-3 k left on them . No problem with uneven ware but the rears have got very noisy. I've bought 4 Pirelli p zero and going to try 40 profile . Anyone else getting noisy rear tyres .

Just had 4 wheel laser tracking set up and a new tyre, €191 :-(
He said one of front wheels was out, by 10' and the other out 12' in the other direction!!!!!!
I've gotta go to Vw when I get back from France anyway, so I'll certainly by asking a few questions regarding the geometry setup, on this new van!

Just had 4 wheel laser tracking set up and a new tyre, €191 :-(
He said one of front wheels was out, by 10' and the other out 12' in the other direction!!!!!!
I've gotta go to Vw when I get back from France anyway, so I'll certainly by asking a few questions regarding the geometry setup, on this new van!
Ouch, did you get the wheels tracked when you lowered it?

My last Cali was out from new too; the fronts wore unevenly in less than half the mileage I got from the rears (also 4motion).
Annoying.

The dealers fitted the sportline rims and lowering springs before I collected it.
So I'm assuming it was never set up from day 1 !!!

Back