Tyre pressures anybody checked?

I only have standard wheels and tyres on my Kombi but you will be safe at 35 psi . If they look flat they are to low . With a non loaded van the rears can run very low but don't go to low on the front as when turning at high speed the tyre can come away from the rim and deflate . The pressure keeps the tyre sealed to the rim.
If you have 4 wheel drive then stick to VW s pressures or drop the same psi front and rear

Hi, just about to ask for recommendations on tyre pressures and found this thread, which I think has given me the answer but I'll check anyway.

I'm running a T6 T32 Kombi on the 18" Sportline wheels with 255/45 R 18 Y XL tyres fitted. It has the factory lowering springs too. The dealer suggested 38 psi all round unladen and 51 psi max load.

Does this sound about right?

Sorry trying to get used to this as new member. Anyway yes mate i have always ran higher weight i.e. 3.9 tons on my van and tyre pressures at 50 psi which is defo high for the same size of 18 inch rim plus tyre size as on my previous T5.2 my van as well overloaded LOL. I really think that 38-40 psi will give you comfort and tyre life as another of my vans running i.e another T6 with way less weight than my own. My new T6 is a great deal lighter than the T5.2 at about 3.5 ton GVW. I know I'm still taking the p-ss regarding weight but I'm the Boss LOL, Im running mine now at 45 PSI and its just right regards comfort. Regards previous post the 18 inch rims do suffer on rears is high loading. then again not many take the p-ss like me mate so you may never see that problem :devil::laugh::laugh::laugh:

On another thread someone posted one of the official door pillar plates for a T30 Kombi that showed the pressures for 255/45/18 tyres on 8Jx18 rims. In bar it was 3.0F/2.5R for part load and 3.3 F&R fully loaded. Mine is a T32 4motion so I'm running 3.1/2.6 part load

The part from another thread is saying 43.5 psi front and 36.25 rear aprox in PSI. I know that 4 wheel drive units do run different front and rear tyre pressures normally. I have found running all tyre pressures the same on the 4 motion system to work better regarding load. As you know the 4 motion system is not permanent 4 wheel drive.I know that it can send power front to rear but always seems to drive better when near
equal. As said low load 38 to 40 psi seems to work well all round for us.We do do a lot of off road site work in bad conditions and often require Diff lock turning on to get in and out :thumbsup:

I am surprised at the low pressures that some people have suggested in this post as an owner of a t32 kombi the low load pressures are much higher than previous posts with standard tyres
The pressures at max load as marked on my van state 4 bar 58psi at max load as I carry a lot of gear a a joiner and I am aware that running a van with lower pressures can lead to overheating tyres and potential blowouts at speed
The kombi should run with min 44vpsi at the front ant 47 psi at the rear so how can figures of sround 30 psi be safe

Not sure regards post on running 30 psi as fitted to a polo regards pressure. I know that VW state this on sticker plates as the ride is rubbish at 58 psi even noticable with full air on mine at that pressure. people want comfort as well as max tyre life. My T32 running weight is 3.5 tons and have run heavier full stop, We found that tyre life and comfort was best matched at this weight at 45 to 50 PSI. Lighter vans can run at 40 PSI.Not to have a melt down with the manufacture but stated tyre pressures are f-ing awful regards ride on 18 inch and smaller plus at that pressure. I can see that you are runing 215/ 60 / 17 tyres that are totaly different to 18 inch upwards size rims plus tyres.Remember side wall height is defo important regarding ride comfort.

The only way to get the correct pressure for your van with the load you carry is to drive it or a few thousand miles and measure the tread depth across the tyre . If it is even then you spot on . Low in the middle to high . Low on the edges then it to low. The difference between a empty t32 and fully loaded is a lot on the rears so you can play about with them but the front runs with engine weight all the time so don't go to low .
Mine has been in to dealer for work and had the dealers free safety check and all ticked ok with my pressures about 33 rear and 40 front

When I did first check on mine it was set ar 42 psi all round,as I use mine as I'm a joiner/builder to load I carry varies I'm trying to run at 55 all round and will check every week,ride seems same as when I got it

I have standard wheels and tyres. Rolling a T32 on Devonports ("17). Haven't checked mine! Oops! Need to! What should they be? I have tyre pressure indicator so don't tend to worry as it should let me know if there is a change?

I have standard wheels and tyres. Rolling a T32 on Devonports ("17). Haven't checked mine! Oops! Need to! What should they be? I have tyre pressure indicator so don't tend to worry as it should let me know if there is a change?
Tyre pressure monitoring is only any good if you set it right at the start, you need to check cold pressures are correct then save it in TPMS, it only tells you if it changes not if its right !!

My T6 t30 lwb has range rover 19" all round with 275/45ZR19 with 40 psi all round.

It feels soft at the front & hard at the back, but seeing all your comments I think 40 is ok. So I'll just leave it.

Back