Tyre Pressures 255/45/18?

I would potentially worry about your wheels too if they are straight off a car... Need to check. Quite a few wheels and tyres for sale on here rated for van use. We really could do with knowing which 'T' you have.

Correct. Just checked on the tyre itself. Is that an appropriate load? Sorry for the dumb questions……

View attachment 224616
No, it’s too low. A T28 and 30 should have 103 rated tyres (or above). It will say on your tyre pressure sticker in the door jamb.

As mentioned above, also check your wheels if they are aftermarket ones as they may not be correctly load rated too.

Correct. Just checked on the tyre itself. Is that an appropriate load? Sorry for the dumb questions……

View attachment 224616
Bit of info for you here on wheel and tyres sizes/load ratings etc etc

Bit of info for you here on wheel and tyres sizes/load ratings etc etc

Thanks for this.

My van is a 2017 T6 Camper King Monte Carlo. The tyres and wheels came with it… I bought it in 2020 from a dealer - not Camper King.

I think the fronts need replacing anyway so will make sure they are correctly rated when I buy them.

Thanks for this.

My van is a 2017 T6 Camper King Monte Carlo. The tyres and wheels came with it… I bought it in 2020 from a dealer - not Camper King.

I think the fronts need replacing anyway so will make sure they are correctly rated when I buy them.
Have a look at the 'for sale' section on here, some great wheels and tyres available. @sipep has a lovely set of 20's with virtually brand new Pirellis for less than £1000. I would have those for my T28

So as in @Pauly post above, you need a minimum load rating of 100. What wheels do you have and what are they rated at??
I’m not sure you can readily get 100 rating in that size, it seems to be 99 or 103. Isn’t a 103 just an XL version of a 99 anyhow? I assume there is no demand and/or because the max pressure would still be too low for many applications. My 103s have a max pressure of 51psi and the van can need 48 at max load so not much wiggle room. Strangely a California maxes out at 45psi for the same size tyre but surely it could be just as heavy (or heavier)?? Tyre sticker from my T28 PV conversion:

IMG_6413.jpeg

I’m not sure you can readily get 100 rating in that size, it seems to be 99 or 103. Isn’t a 103 just an XL version of a 99 anyhow? I assume there is no demand and/or because the max pressure would still be too low for many applications. My 103s have a max pressure of 51psi and the van can need 48 at max load so not much wiggle room. Strangely a California maxes out at 45psi for the same size tyre but surely it could be just as heavy (or heavier)?? Tyre sticker from my T28 PV conversion:

View attachment 224646
I’m sure you’re right…. most premium branded tyres in that size seem to be 103 rated which is good. I was just saying that the 100 rating in any size is a minimum for the T28. :thumbsup:

View attachment 224646
I ran my avon 255/45/18 at 44psi for 9k and the centres have worn out to 2.5mm with 5mm outside. Clearly over inflated but that's the book pressure :oops:. They always look flat as it is.

Back