TYRE HELP! Haida 255/35ZR20 102Y XL (Other Recommendations plus Alloys)

Rob The Daddy

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi Everyone,

I have a T32 S TDI T6 Shuttle, and it came with 20" Alloys and the above tyres. I foolishly damaged one of the tyres and need to get one of the above, but they seem hard to find. There are a 'seconds' set on Ebay, although about 2.5 hrs away.

Could someone recommend a robust set of alternative tyres please. I could do with some guidance as regards recommended size codes as well! Whilst you are there, any recommendations as to Alloys, as I've buggered those up as well (weeping as I type). Not used for transporting tools etc, more as a 'family bus'. "Starlight Blue".

Thanks Everyone in advance. :)

Hi Rob - I think you might want to read this and change all for tyres for insurance and MOT purposes

The load rating is too low along with the aspect ratio of 35..

Hi Everyone,

I have a T32 S TDI T6 Shuttle, and it came with 20" Alloys and the above tyres. I foolishly damaged one of the tyres and need to get one of the above, but they seem hard to find. There are a 'seconds' set on Ebay, although about 2.5 hrs away.

Could someone recommend a robust set of alternative tyres please. I could do with some guidance as regards recommended size codes as well! Whilst you are there, any recommendations as to Alloys, as I've buggered those up as well (weeping as I type). Not used for transporting tools etc, more as a 'family bus'. "Starlight Blue".

Thanks Everyone in advance. :)
Hi Rob, as has already been said, 102 isn’t a high enough load rating for a T32, you need 103. To be fully legal the best option for T32 running 20s is a 265/40.

Hi Rob - I think you might want to read this and change all for tyres for insurance and MOT purposes

Thanks very much. Glad I came onto this Forum sooner rather than later.

Look online for westlands tyres they’re something to do with nankang sales in West Bromwich got from eBay

I really appreciate the info Everyone. I think I'm going to err on the side of caution and change my alloys too. If someone wouldn't mind recommending a business for alloys as well, I'd be grateful. There is so much online outside of this forum for VWs it's insane; and I am also making my way through all the previous threads here :).

Bit of an underlying concern otherwise!

Thank you All.

Last edited:
HI EVERYONE. IN THE FIRST INSTANCE, APOLOGIES FOR THE CAPITALS, MY 21 MONTH OLD SON HAS BEEN BANGING ON THE KEYBOARD, AND I AM UNABLE TO UNDO WHAT HE HAS DONE! :rofl:ALLOY.jpg

I ENDED UP BUYING A SET OF GOODYEARS (THANK YOU ALL FOR THE POINTERS); JUST ONE QUERY IF ANYONE KNOWS. THE ALLOYS I HAVE ARE 20" STORMER TYPE (PIC ATTACHED); ANYONE KNOW IF THEY ARE OKAY FOR A T6 SWB T32 SHUTTLE? OR SHALL I TRY AND FIND OUT THE ORIGINAL SUPPLIER AND ASK THEM (THE VAN CAME WITH THEM). THANKS AGAIN.

"UPDATE". MANAGED TO MESSAGE THE ORIGINAL SUPPLIER WHO CONFIRMS THE ALLOYS ARE GOOD, BUT CORROBORATES WHAT YOU ALL SAID 'RE' THE TYRES.....

Last edited:
Good choice, glad you’re happy with them. :thumbsup:
Yes Sir. Must say; as soon as I realised the Haidas were not suitable, I had an underlying air of anxiety as the van sold had them already on. All good now. I'll probably destress with a set of alloys to myself when my birthday approaches later in the year :sneaky:

Back