Two tone paint job

scholar

Hello all

I am just dipping my toe into the world of T6 - on the verge of ordering a new Caravelle (although personally I prefer the European name of Multivan, as it says what I want my T6 to be - a luxury multipurpose vehicle).

I will have some further questions about some options that I am uncertain about eg leather vs alcantara, DCC, ICE etc, but I am fussing over colour right now.

I have seen the Generation 6 in white and cherry red - I like the idea of two-tone colour and the homage to the old bus, but am less enthused about the white and red (I like the red dash btw).

In Europe the Generation 6 has been offered in other colour schemes - of these, I am particularly taken by the silver and Acapulco blue metallic. I have not yet asked the question about whether this could be ordered specially for a UK spec build, although I suspect I know the answer!

What does anyone think about a post delivery respray of the top or bottom half, whichever is easiest? ie I am wondering whether to order in Acapulco Blue and then get the roof, bonnet and tops of doors etc resprayed in silver.

If considered feasible, what do people think would be a sensible budget for this respray?

Cheers

Good thinking! (I did mean to add that I have little real experience in this realm - as just proved). The top also includes colour coded handles, so that is another faff.

Would the engine bay be colour coded or not? I think I started by thinking that the top half would not include the engine bay.

Thanks

Talked to my painter and he suggested bottom half respray would be easier. Depending how involved anywhere from £1000 to £1500 to do.

I saw a T5.1 on Sunday, overtook me on the M56, it was painted two tone white/red, looked really nice. Both passenger and driver waved at me, which was the only wave that was returned after waving to about 50 vans.

Have you thought of having it wrapped? £400 and fully reversible in future.
I'm having my silver T6 wrapped in 3M Gloss Red Metallic next week

Hello all

I am just dipping my toe into the world of T6 - on the verge of ordering a new Caravelle (although personally I prefer the European name of Multivan, as it says what I want my T6 to be - a luxury multipurpose vehicle).

I will have some further questions about some options that I am uncertain about eg leather vs alcantara, DCC, ICE etc, but I am fussing over colour right now.

I have seen the Generation 6 in white and cherry red - I like the idea of two-tone colour and the homage to the old bus, but am less enthused about the white and red (I like the red dash btw).

In Europe the Generation 6 has been offered in other colour schemes - of these, I am particularly taken by the silver and Acapulco blue metallic. I have not yet asked the question about whether this could be ordered specially for a UK spec build, although I suspect I know the answer!

What does anyone think about a post delivery respray of the top or bottom half, whichever is easiest? ie I am wondering whether to order in Acapulco Blue and then get the roof, bonnet and tops of doors etc resprayed in silver.

If considered feasible, what do people think would be a sensible budget for this respray?

Cheers
Don’t respray it....wrap it. Approximately £500
You can then change your mind every year if you want.

thread resurrection - anyone done this with a wrap yet?

I'm seriously considering doing this shortly.
Firstly just to make the van look different, but mainly because I do so many miles, i'm spending a couple of hours pretty much every day washing my van at the end of each working day, because the Black is such a nightmare colour to keep looking perfect. Yes, I know I should know better, and my previous van was also Black, and my cars are, but my T6 seems to get a lot filthier than any vehicle i've owned.

I just cannot decide on a colour for the lower half yet. I don't like Silver or White, but do like Pure Grey, just not sure what it will look like.

I'm seriously considering doing this shortly.
Firstly just to make the van look different, but mainly because I do so many miles, i'm spending a couple of hours pretty much every day washing my van at the end of each working day, because the Black is such a nightmare colour to keep looking perfect. Yes, I know I should know better, and my previous van was also Black, and my cars are, but my T6 seems to get a lot filthier than any vehicle i've owned.

I just cannot decide on a colour for the lower half yet. I don't like Silver or White, but do like Pure Grey, just not sure what it will look like.
Why don’t you mock it up using a computer program from a picture of your van. Simple, cheap and fairly effective.

Talked to my painter and he suggested bottom half respray would be easier. Depending how involved anywhere from £1000 to £1500 to do.
I was quoted £2K plus VAT for a lower half respray. I changed my mind and bought a metallic green Kombi (had specced white). However, am considering trying to find somewhere that will wrap the upper half instead - white over bboo green looks good imho..... has anybody wrapped the upper half???

Back