Two-Tone for my Mojave Beige

Bendub

Hi I’m thinking of jumping on the ever increasing bandwagon of having the two tone split colour on my kombi. It’s currently Mojave beige.

Would be interested in which colours people think would look best with it?

Ben.

Hi I’m thinking of jumping on the ever increasing bandwagon of having the two tone split colour on my kombi. It’s currently Mojave beige.

Ben.
I think Mojave would look awesome with chestnut brown lower

Ben.

I'm sure there's a Mojave with a White half in here somewhere, and that looked awesome.

Bently "Sand over Sable"

A mate had one of these, did Weddings with it, and Goodwood festivals etc etc. IMO it looked lovely, and Bently "Sand" is awfully similar to VW "Mojave", just need to find a VW "Sable or Taupe"

2.jpg

or :"Sable over Sand"
1.jpg

"Rose Taupe" Morris Minor Traveller with Station Wagon Timber

5644613eaf2f9-8.jpg

or VW Chestnut Brown:)

Ben.

Hi Ben, did you ever do this to your Van?

If you do, remember and post Pics. My Van is Mojave too, and would like to see how a Two tone looks.

Although, when you look at the bottom photo. The sliding Door's inner colour is White. So, is the bottom half wrapped, or do VW paint the lower half?

Although, when you look at the bottom photo. The sliding Door's inner colour is White. So, is the bottom half wrapped, or do VW paint the lower half?

If it's a factory two tone I think they take a white base van and paint the lower half (but they don't do the door shuts...).

The REALLY annoying thing about that is that a paint chip shows up the bright white underneath.

My new camper is white atm, it's going in for a lower half Mojave Beige respray in a few weeks. We colour matched the canvas ( first time on a UK van according to the manufacturer ) to Mojave Beige too so it'll probably look like a metallic liquorice allsort when the roof is up !

I do think that two tone vans look pretty stunning in the right colours.

It will look awesome. And why are you going down the respray route instead of wrapping?

It will look awesome. And why are you going down the respray route instead of wrapping?

The price for a lower half wrap was between £900 and £1500 and they have a shelf life. I'm fortunate to know a nationally respected sprayer of classic cars whose a contractor for the local VW dealer and is also a Transporter owner, he'll do it for £1200. He's actually excited about spraying my van as it's so new and is a perfectionist who wants photos of factory two tones to match or improve upon.

I'm thinking of trying to source Panamericana front and rear bumper skid plates to add at the same time, aesthetic reasons only though.

My Brother is a spray painter, but i think a Half VW T6 is a bit more than a homer for him. :D And when your Van is done, remember and post Photos, i would love to see it!

Back