Twin turbos = 204 ?

From build week 7 which is now, so yes. Unless already built. To comply with the latest emission regulations.
So new builds...are.

199 or 204?

I thought the new biturbo big power was 199. Eu6.

I am getting right confused with all these numbers and terminology. KW BHP, Turbo, Bi-Turbo, Twin Turbo.
My vehicle was described as T30, 2.0, no problem, then BITDI BMT? When asked, was informed this meant it was 1 and 1/2 turbos. The half giving extra oomph for heavy loads, long climbs etc.
The V5 states 132KW, searched the forum for engine performance etc. Google search and the query replied multiply 1KW X 1.34, therefore BHP is 176.88. Which I am thinking many write as 180BHP, which isn't correct is it. Bit like buying a bag of crisps, and finding the bag is half empty;) .
So advise from all the powerful and knowledgeable. My van will hopefully be a Multi Van as in Sleep-over / Camper. Goods Vehicle, Disabled Vehicle, and then as it already has a tow bar, maybe one day become a tugger. But imagine most of the time will be pretty unladen. What if any changes would you make for economy, as I am 72, and the missus 76. We have done the TR6, Capri, GTI, VRS stuff. Just looking for a quiet, smooth easy drive. The set up is DSG with 7 speed auto.
Thanks in advance for a useful and informative reply.

I am getting right confused with all these numbers and terminology. KW BHP, Turbo, Bi-Turbo, Twin Turbo.
My vehicle was described as T30, 2.0, no problem, then BITDI BMT? When asked, was informed this meant it was 1 and 1/2 turbos. The half giving extra oomph for heavy loads, long climbs etc.
The V5 states 132KW, searched the forum for engine performance etc. Google search and the query replied multiply 1KW X 1.34, therefore BHP is 176.88. Which I am thinking many write as 180BHP, which isn't correct is it. Bit like buying a bag of crisps, and finding the bag is half empty;) .
So advise from all the powerful and knowledgeable. My van will hopefully be a Multi Van as in Sleep-over / Camper. Goods Vehicle, Disabled Vehicle, and then as it already has a tow bar, maybe one day become a tugger. But imagine most of the time will be pretty unladen. What if any changes would you make for economy, as I am 72, and the missus 76. We have done the TR6, Capri, GTI, VRS stuff. Just looking for a quiet, smooth easy drive. The set up is DSG with 7 speed auto.
Thanks in advance for a useful and informative reply.

I'm not exactly sure what your question is. However whoever told you is has 1.5 turbos, thats like saying half a hole. BITDI means 2 turbos as in 'Bi' meaning 2.

Now some BITDIs are 180bhp and the later Euro6 ones are 204bhp.

So, yes you could have a BITDI 180bhp van. The BMT stands for Blue Motion Technology, which basically means stop start.

Thanks Skyliner for the Bluemotion Technology, that answers that one. The real query was, would you recommend a re-map, Tune up etc?

The V5 states 132KW, searched the forum for engine performance etc. Google search and the query replied multiply 1KW X 1.34, therefore BHP is 176.88. Which I am thinking many write as 180BHP, which isn't correct is it.
Its PS not BHP, they are quite similar but come out slightly different
132kw = 177BHP = 180PS

You do have two turbos but its how they work
A motor with twin turbos tends to imply that it has 2 turbos that run the same and boost together
A motor with bi turbos have two turbos generally of different types/sizes (one small one large) that operate in different areas of the rev range, one will boost more at lower revs and one will boost more at higher revs

Unfortunately these terms are interchangeable and different manufacturers use them differently, in this particular use VW use BiTurbo to describe one smaller and one larger turbo

Back