TSI, oil service due. Independent or VW? Any recommendations for Yorkshire?

j4ckal

VIP Member
T6 Guru
My 2018 TSI is due an oil service in 20 odd days, currently on just over 20k, I believe this is the second service.
First oil change was done down at @BognorMotors before I picked it up, I'd get it done there again but the 8hr round trip is a bit too much.

So around my local area, should I be looking to go VW main dealer (my closest is Sheffield) or are there any good independents? I don't mind travelling a little way.

Also more specific to the tsi, when is it recommended to change the plugs on these?

Last edited:
Speak to Steve Pinson at Statllers. He’s a fellow Revo dealer

or come to me, and ill hook you up a nice software deal at the same time :cool:

@j4ckal I’d thoroughly recommend the team over at Autohaus Dolby! I took my polo there recently and was thoroughly impressed with their setup. Will be taking my T6 there too when the service plan with VW is finished...

I thought that the 2nd service would be a full service, rather than just an oil service? My first (oil) service was at 14k miles, following notification by the MFD. I am now on 25k miles, and the MFD says I sill have another 8k to go until a full service is needed. Not that I would object to doing an oil change more frequently, but my 1st two services are free, so I’ll make sure the 2nd one is a full one!
I believe the spark plug change interval is up around the 50k miles region - I saw it recently but cannot now remember where!

I've just bought a TSI and VW have no record of a service. It's on 30k miles. What's likely to have happened? An oil change like above and one due a about 33k?

Hello,
I use 5.5 l RAVENOL 0W40 SSL + 200 ml AR9200 V2 Nano Mo-WS2 ESTER KOMPLEX for my Caravella TSI. My mechanic recommended me, I am very pleased. I have already traveled 60 tkm on Ravenol.

Back