TSi induction kit

Yahya

I have been working on a induction kit to bring on to the market for a while now. This kit will have pipes, a performance foam air filter and a cage to hose the air filter.

I have this same setup in my own van, there are some performance gain.

Dyno test results coming soon.

I will be taking pre orders soon!

2.0 TDi will be followed straight after the launch of TSI

Please contact me for more info.

248C1AB4-16DD-492E-B4FC-95D6B327160F.jpeg

Last edited:
So what’s cooling the air below the OEM standard induction setup?

is it solely the quality of the filter that’s giving the gain then? I’m not asking you to give up engineering secrets but a prettier box won’t do much. I guess this mod would be declarable to insurers?

More airflow normally means less filtration. I remember a test few years back in one of the boy racer mags and results were shocking. The amount of crap the filters let in made a white cloth go black when compared to a paper filter. Performance gains were totally un noticeable apart from the psychological and extra noise.

is it solely the quality of the filter that’s giving the gain then? I’m not asking you to give up engineering secrets but a prettier box won’t do much. I guess this mod would be declarable to insurers?
Its not just the filter, its the amount of air aswell. The more air thats feed in the more power it will make. This will come down to how restrictive your air filters is aswell, air filters is there to filter the air, the more restrictive it is then less air will be feed through.

Plus the prettier box is there to stop engine heat coming in and turning the air hot. The cooler the air is the better is for the turbo.

More airflow normally means less filtration. I remember a test few years back in one of the boy racer mags and results were shocking. The amount of crap the filters let in made a white cloth go black when compared to a paper filter. Performance gains were totally un noticeable apart from the psychological and extra noise.
This is all down to the brand of air filter aswell, using highly recommended brands that are in the motorsport industry and have been for soo many year will definitely the people to choose from.

Last edited:
Its not just the filter, its the amount of air aswell. The more air thats feed in the more power it will make. This will come down to how restrictive your air filters is aswell, air filters is there to filter the air, the more restrictive it is then less air will be feed through.
The less restrictive it is the more dirt that will be let through. This is also the problem with K&N air filters. Fine on a race engine that often get re-built, but not so on engines that people want to last over 100k miles. I also have seen independant tests that show paper air filters allow as much air as a standard engine needs (as long as not very dirty) and allowing more air does not produce "unreal performance gains."

The less restrictive it is the more dirt that will be let through. This is also the problem with K&N air filters. Fine on a race engine that often get re-built, but not so on engines that people want to last over 100k miles. I also have seen independant tests that show paper air filters allow as much air as a standard engine needs (as long as not very dirty) and allowing more air does not produce "unreal performance gains."
After doing research on air filters iv gone with a brand that consumers recommend and that has been test throughly. “Performance gains are unreal” is the description iv used to describe the feeling i had in my van, having driven the van for 20k miles on the OEM airbox to what i have now. The initial pull the van has from stand still, when cruising and you put your foot down. You can actually feel the difference between the two boxes. Fair enough that some people have their own opinion about filters, you can easily change it to your own desired brand, its that easy.

Every van will have different performance gains.

After doing research on air filters iv gone with a brand that consumers recommend and that has been test throughly. “Performance gains are unreal” is the description iv used to describe the feeling i had in my van, having driven the van for 20k miles on the OEM airbox to what i have now. The initial pull the van has from stand still, when cruising and you put your foot down. You can actually feel the difference between the two boxes. Fair enough that some people have their own opinion about filters, you can easily change it to your own desired brand, its that easy.

Every van will have different performance gains.
You will have to excuse my cynicism, but:
1. You don't say the brand of air filter you use. Why?
2. So the performance gains have not been measured, except by the seat of your pants, obviously no placebo effect will come into that.
3. Standard modern engines are not limited by airflow through the filter.

You will have to excuse my cynicism, but:
1. You don't say the brand of air filter you use. Why?
2. So the performance gains have not been measured, except by the seat of your pants, obviously no placebo effect will come into that.
3. Standard modern engines are not limited by airflow through the filter.
The brand that iv use is ITG. Everyone will have their own opinion on brands and filters. I dont have the equipment that people to measure and get accurate figures to show what my van can produce. I just give my opinion, as anyone would and be trusted by it.

If you have any other questions, PM me

Last edited:
I used to have a Celica GT4 which had an ITG panel filter fitted by the previous owner. The leading edge of the compressor blades had loads of little nicks most likely caused by what that 'filter' let through.

I'm sure you'll sell loads of those kits when you market them - anything 'performance' related for a T6 will sell extremely well whether it makes any difference or not.

You can't just fit an air filter and expect "unreal" performance gains LOL

Especially when you can't even prove it...

@Yahya while I admire your attempt to market your product I question your knowledge / qualification in Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics.
The surface area of the OEM paper filter is far larger than your foam filter, VW or any other manufacturer would not create inefficiencies by designing a filtration system with insufficient area / flow as all manufacturers are under pressure to achieve optimum MPG.
The OEM system takes air externally to the engine compartment, the air flow rate is high enough to easily negate the heat transfer within the engine compartment. I assume your foam filter is within the engine compartment which is obviously a dis-advantage over the OEM system.
The hoses in your photo are designed with 90 degree bends which will create turbulence and frictional loss.
I’m sure you’ll sell the kit as there is no shortage of potential consumers who will easily confuse more noise equating more power.

@Yahya while I admire your attempt to market your product I question your knowledge / qualification in Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics.
The surface area of the OEM paper filter is far larger than your foam filter, VW or any other manufacturer would not create inefficiencies by designing a filtration system with insufficient area / flow as all manufacturers are under pressure to achieve optimum MPG.
The OEM system takes air externally to the engine compartment, the air flow rate is high enough to easily negate the heat transfer within the engine compartment. I assume your foam filter is within the engine compartment which is obviously a dis-advantage over the OEM system.
The hoses in your photo are designed with 90 degree bends which will create turbulence and frictional loss.
I’m sure you’ll sell the kit as there is no shortage of potential consumers who will easily confuse more noise equating more power.
Wot? You mean when I have my kids in the back go “Brrrrmmmm” I’m not really improving performance?!! Bugger, I’ll stick to the go-faster stripe then!

I have been working on a induction kit to bring on to the market for a while now. This kit will have pipes, a performance foam air filter and a cage to hose the air filter.

I have this same setup in my own van, there are some performance gain.

Dyno test results coming soon.

I will be taking pre orders soon!

2.0 TDi will be followed straight after the launch of TSI

Please contact me for more info.

View attachment 135179
Hi Yahya can you put a picture of your induction kit in your van so I can see it installed thanks

The only fair judge would be to post VCDS MAF Log from 1500rpm to 6200rpm in third gear for comparisons of OEM intake and your intake.
Then you can see exactly if gain and at what rpm are gains.

Rule of thumb 1g.s of MAF is 1.25 Bhp on MPI and for our T6 TSI that is GDI ( gazoline direct injection) it's 1.3BHP
Soif you gain 10G.s at high rpm it's 13BHP

Very easy way to check you just need VCDS. I guess any body that start modifying their engine has VCDS or is just plain stupid

MAF is measuring in a very accurate way how much air is going in the engine.

Should be done on same day at same elevation with same temp.
swaping intake can't take more than 15 minutes.

When I tested my intake for each modification I did 4 run:

Run 1 Oem
Run 2 Modify
Run 3 OEM
Run 4 Modify.

Swap on a parking near the place I log.

then at home analyze log on excel and on DATAZAP.me

Back