TSi tuning

Nope.
Asked Awesome GTI if they would look at it, but they declined.
I might ask The Vehicle Tuner (also in Warrington), but I currently have a coolant leak to sort out.

Just saying have had zero issue with my Revo map guys so maybe a change needed?
A change is what I am trying to arrange. But I’m not sure how I get around the presence of the existing map. So, if I am not happy with a new map, will they put it back to standard, or put the Pendle map back? I’ve even found myself hoping that VW bring out a software update, that will overwrite it so I can start from scratch.

Anyone solved the pendle map hesitation problem?
Well @Dav-Tec worked their magic on my TSI last week, changing the map from Pendle to theirs and after some varied driving, I can report that the hesitation has gone. I have confirmed this by using manual mode and cruise control to fix the revs at points that I knew were very uneven before (80mph in 5th was a bad point – especially up a long, steep hill on the A590 in Cumbria). I have now driven slow country lanes, open A roads with overtaking, motorways and in town, loaded & empty, and have been unable to fault it. The engine feels as powerful as before (though less manic), so I am very happy. The claimed power may be less than Pendle‘s 304bhp but I can’t say that I’ve noticed (apparently the calculated power with the Pendle map was only 13bhp more anyway) so maybe that 304 figure was as optimistic as others have suggested.

Anyone experienced a power loss after installing a forge intercooler and hoses?
I had this issue after installing the Forge cooler and hoses, very slight though. I put it down to the larger volume increasing the turbo lag. Certainly more consistent on hot days now though.

Having a sports cell cat down pipe made up next week and then stage 2 engine map with DSG done at Bognor on the Friday, very interested to see the results.

I have just gone with a Revo panel filter as I don't want a noisy induction kit and I can't see it making a blind bit of difference in the real world.

Gathering the parts to 4motion it once the power is overcoming the front wheel grip.

BR,
Mat

Gathering the parts to 4motion it once the power is overcoming the front wheel grip.

BR,
Mat
I would be very interested to hear how that goes - I always wanted the 4wd version that wasn’t imported to UK and have wondered how possible that is.

I would be very interested to hear how that goes - I always wanted the 4wd version that wasn’t imported to UK and have wondered how possible that is.
Worked out that is is possible, just need to get a flash off a LHD LWB 4motion TSI as I can't see the option in the long coding helper.

Mat

I had this issue after installing the Forge cooler and hoses, very slight though. I put it down to the larger volume increasing the turbo lag. Certainly more consistent on hot days now though.

Having a sports cell cat down pipe made up next week and then stage 2 engine map with DSG done at Bognor on the Friday, very interested to see the results.

I have just gone with a Revo panel filter as I don't want a noisy induction kit and I can't see it making a blind bit of difference in the real world.

BR,
Mat
Any pictures of the work you have had done?

Hi did RFK Demon start on the 4motion conversion ? I f so would a 4motion from a tdi fit a tsi as i'd imagine getting the parts from a crashed tdi would be the cheapest way , i have read on the forum that someone got it converted in the Uk with Oem parts but it was £15k+ .. I'd be happy with permanent 4 wheel drive and not using the haldex with ecu but i'm not sure if that would be possible ? Thanks Denzil

Not done the 4motion conversion yet, the stage 2 performance was ok but I was expecting more as it's nothing the FWD setup cannot cope with and there is no torque steer like I was worried about.

Mat

Back