Trying To Retrofit Heated Seats To T5.1- Need Pinouts For Switches

Ha,

find your switched live cable to piggyback onto and solder the red cable with the stripped bare wire to that.

Then clip the pin into a blank space in the fuse box, clip the grey cable below it and add a fuse to complete the circuit.

Remember to slide the purple block over at the rear of the fuse box to allow the new pins in and then slide back again to lock them in.

just to confirm
1. red/white cable bare end piggyback to another wire in the fuse box that has switched live
2. clip red/white wire clip end into fuse 25 (its empty and the correct slot for heated seats on a T5.1)
3. use the sc25 grey cable with the clip end also into fuse 25, add fuse to complete circuit

the k1.86 cable wont be needed as we have now nicked switched live elsewhere ?

also just to add, my pins 36 and 54 on the PCM were both empty and needed Kufatec cables A54 and A36 patching in, does this make any difference ?

Ok on the last bit now, i need to know where the K1.86 needs to go. I think it is needed as pin 54 on PCM wasnt free and needed adding in from the kufatec loom. I know some of you have saidf that pin 54 on the pcm was already occupied so you didnt need the k1.86 cable but mine wasnt. I need to know where the hell the relay is. The kufatec instructions just tell me switched relay power supply. Only relays i can see around the PCM is 2 x 100, a 404 and a 643

Look slike my relay 643 is a mulipurpose relay, wonder if the k1.86 cable goes to pin 86 of that 643 relay.

problem with relays they are superseded all the time, this could be the same relay as many others just with a different number.

Correct on the 1-2-3.

Get it all that done and try it. Yes im 95% sure. K1.86 isn’t needed as the van relay it all uses is already live.

The BcM wires were the same on mine

yes your right, i would do one with pics if mine works because its abit of a joke

ok ill find the switched live this morning, also need to code the seats in vcds put the seats back in and test it.

iam assuming the instructions are for LHD so i will connect drivers to passenger side and vice versa on passenger side at the AC control end in the event the seasts even work iam hoping the correct sides heat up

anyone know where to activate heated seats in vcds, look in module 08 and 09 and cant see anything

i do have cruise control fitted from factory so maybe seats are already activated ?

Also my BCM is 87

Was the wiring correct and the drivers side heated up or did you have to swap the wires over in the rear of the controller?

Yes swapped them over so drivers went into passenger and passenger in to driver in the two wires (pins 12 and 13) on the back of the AC unit. so as predicted the loom is for LHD, they couldn't even be arsed to tell you that in the instructions.

Yes swapped them over so drivers went into passenger and passenger in to driver in the two wires (pins 12 and 13) on the back of the AC unit. so as predicted the loom is for LHD, they couldn't even be arsed to tell you that in the instructions.
Same as their fog light loom. I fitted it all the noticed that the cornering fogs were working back to front. Setup for lhd but they never mentioned it.

OK great. did you simply replace the standard AC controls with the ones that include Heated seat buttons in the knobs?
yes on my ac controller the plugs that went to it pins 12 and 13 already had cables in. they end up going to a block up under the glovebox but terminate there and arnt connected to anything. i just removed pins 12 and 13 from the block on the back of the ac unit and replaced them with the 2 pins on the kufatec loom.

unit wasnt cheap though, i was struggling to find one that had the same buttons my original one had, i.e. rear heated window, A/C and re circulation button, find one on ebay in the end and paid £130 for it.

All in all:

2017 T6 2 x single heated captains seats in new condition £1180
Kuftaec Loom £50
VW Aircon unit with heated Buttons £130
VW Heated Seat Control Module £50

so not alot of change from £1500 but the seats are way better then the ugly grey ones the van come with (why i changed them)

Great thanks. I've got the same setup as you needing the rear window heater too. I found a panel, looks exactly the same as yours but has part no. 3C8907336A. Its physically identical to yours but a different part number. I hope it works.

does anyone know if they're inter changeable without coding as I guess the one I'm looking at is from a Passat or something

Back