Truma Heater

Larry G

T6 Pro
Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can help, my T6 is fitted with a gas Truma heater installed under passenger seat, not used it yet but may need it soon due to cooler season coming. I have a brochure which mentions removing/opening a "cowl" before starting it up. I don't know what/where to find this. Is this something like a flue, maybe under the vehicle? Not found anything in search or Google. I don't want to blow the van up!

Larry
We had a caravan with a truma heater that had a plastic cover on the outside of the van where it vented. The cover was left off normally and only put on when it snowed.
Best to find out the definitive answer though.

Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can help, my T6 is fitted with a gas Truma heater installed under passenger seat, not used it yet but may need it soon due to cooler season coming. I have a brochure which mentions removing/opening a "cowl" before starting it up. I don't know what/where to find this. Is this something like a flue, maybe under the vehicle? Not found anything in search or Google. I don't want to blow the van up!
As @Dannyb6467 says, it's the plastic grille cover on the outside it just unclips. You can see where the clips are and use a wide bladed screwdriver or something like that to ease them up. think there were two plastic screws that you had to turn 90 degrees too, but that may have been to get the underneath grille off. I use to leave mine off all the time and put it back on when it was left outside over winter when I had one on the T5. I sprayed mine, and the underneath grille, body colour too, made it look much better

Hi, been crawling about and photo'd it. I guess it's this, however I don't know whether the grey cap thing is the bit that wants taking off or the cowl is already off. It looks like it's vented.IMG_3830.JPG IMG_3831.JPG IMG_3832.JPG IMG_3836.JPG

The cowl is the black plastic cover underneath your vehicle very similar to the ones fitted on the sides of caravans with modern truma. Although the cover can be removed for maintenance it should run fine as it is otherwise you would need to go under the van every time which would be pointless. If the cowl was fitted on the side of the van then it would need to be at least 30cm from any opening window otherwise a sensor needs to be fitted to the windows so the heater can only be run when the windows are shut to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning

@Larry G have you had the heater up running yet? What’s the noise like? And can you compare it with any other manufacturers, like Heatsource?

Hi Ads, as it happens I have, tried it after my original post but it was too warm and the thermostat prevented it from running.
Had another go recently whilst working in the van one night and was surprised how effective it was considering how low the fan noise was.
I can't yet comment on gas usage or other brands.
Cheers.

Back