Trolley Jack -

Any chance of a link? Wouldn't mind two of them! Cheers!

I’m using a Sealey 3T low access, high lift, model 1153CXHV. Up until a few hours ago I thought it was the dogs knob but today I find it’s got a broken linkage.
One day outside the 12 month guarantee but a quick phone call to Sealey and the part is on it’s way under warranty. However I’ve only used it 3 times before it failed so I can’t recommend it.

I went to Halfords yesterday to have a look at their trolley jacks. There were 2 jacks at 3 tonnes.

This one at £55 (14-43cm lift)
and
This at £150 (7.5-50.5cm lift)

Would the cheaper one be ok or is the other worth spending so much more?

Have you looked at Machine Mart’s offerings? I have one of their 3 tonne low profile trolley jacks and while it’s not the lightest jack in the world, I have had no issues with it in 15 years and every confidence in its capacity.

I'd go with the cheaper one and from what I've read on here I assume it has the lift, I'll be using two 2t low profile jack's when I jack mine up

I bout a 2.5 ton SGS trolley jack in the end. Midway between the 2 Halfords ones but its low profile and a higher lift range. Got a pair of axel stands as well. This website is bad for my credit card :eek:

Will the low profile reach high enough to get the wheels off the floor? I was thinking I'd have to buy 2 new jack's but I already have 2 of them?
For info, a low profile Halfords trolley jack doesn't go high enough on a std height kombi to get the wheels off the floor. Tested yesterday, new jack required!

The more I read about lowering suspension and sidebars the more I wonder about how a wheel gets changed!
The Sealey Yankee 3T, model 1153CXHV does my car and Kombi with standard wheels, suspension and no side bars.
One word on this jack, don’t store it with the pump piston wet as it rusts, seizes and the linkage breaks when operated.
New linkage, cleaned piston and is kept lubed.

I'd be using a a telescopic jack, i brought a 2 ton version for my T32, saves a lot of space. i brought it as i've got a Seikel lift and planning on larger tires.

It works well, i used it to lift the van onto 3 ton stands to fit the diesel heater.

I'd be using a a telescopic jack, i brought a 2 ton version for my T32, saves a lot of space. i brought it as i've got a Seikel lift and planning on larger tires.

It works well, i used it to lift the van onto 3 ton stands to fit the diesel heater.

The only draw back with a telescopic jack over a trolley jack is that as the van lifts and moves slightly sideways the telescopic jack doesn’t self align.
That said I’d rather have a telescopic jack in the van than the pathetic screw jack supplied as standard.

I didn't get a screw jack with my T32, only an inflation kit, i'm only using my jack to change a spare on the road most of the time, a trolly jack is ideal in a workshop, but not idle on the road.

i believe that screw jack isn't load rated for a T32

I didn't get a screw jack with my T32, only an inflation kit, i'm only using my jack to change a spare on the road most of the time, a trolly jack is ideal in a workshop, but not idle on the road.

i believe that screw jack isn't load rated for a T32
My T32 has the OEM style screw jack. I keep a 4tonne bottle jack in a box with various other tools under the rear seat.

Back