Triple bench seat unfold

Sandyman

Hi there I've just bought a triple bench seat to start the process of converting my T5 panel van. It was already folded up when I went to pick it up so just hoisted it into the back of the van to check out later on. Being new to all this I can't for the life of me work out how to unfold it!! It's not only folded flat but also moved forward like when you unattach it from the rear hinges (I've only seen this in pictures and not talking from experience!). Looked online but there's no answer that I can I guess because it's quite basic knowledge but not to me :) Question is how does it unfold? I've tried pulling all the straps I can see but to no avail...please help! Picture attached.

IMG20210208182649.jpg

You need to clip it in and put it in the down position. Then pull the strap to lift the back up - this should work for you.

So if it's not clipped in will it not go into the down position?
It is technically possible but you would have to overcome the force of the gas struts which are very strong. When it’s clipped in to the van I reckon it takes about 30kg of force to unfold the bottom section. Best to just clip it in to the van and then try it.

Ok thanks that's very useful to know! I just thought it was broken...Anyway, maybe it'll right itself when I clip it in...this Saturday when Colin from T5 Van Conversions in Witney is going to make my panel van into a 9-seater :)) Can't wait!
Thanks

I have a Caravelle/Shuttle with the 'L' Pattern; the same as yours. I take mine out on my own regularly and the 'strap' mechanism has broken for folding. I use two 13mm spanners at the back of the unit around the hinges. If you push them 'down' the seat will fold and lock: the same to unlock. I really need to find the right washers (or OEM widgets) to use it correctly with the single strap at the front!!!! P.S.: I fold mine in and out of the van for cleaning.

Thanks Plastic Cow for the info. I needn't have worried because the folding mechanism is perfectly okay...just needed the seats to be fitted because the necessary force to unfold is quite large, as Broadside pointed out, and you're able to act against the front seat brackets once locked in place.

Ok thanks that's very useful to know! I just thought it was broken...Anyway, maybe it'll right itself when I clip it in...this Saturday when Colin from T5 Van Conversions in Witney is going to make my panel van into a 9-seater :)) Can't wait!
Thanks
Hi sandyman. Did u ever get ur 9 seaters fitted? I've just mine fitted this week and the fitter wasnt sure on the location of the rear bench lower seatbelt lashing points and bolts type. I jave some spare bolts and spacers from the donor van which i think are seatbelt related. Could u send some photos when u get time to shed some light on this. Id appreciate some help bud.

Hi sandyman. Did u ever get ur 9 seaters fitted? I've just mine fitted this week and the fitter wasnt sure on the location of the rear bench lower seatbelt lashing points and bolts type. I jave some spare bolts and spacers from the donor van which i think are seatbelt related. Could u send some photos when u get time to shed some light on this. Id appreciate some help bud.
Hi Kyle
I'm away for the weekend but will send you some pics when back home. I haven't had the chance to put insulation and sound deadening yet so everything's still exposed so should be able to to see the connection points easily

Ahh brilliant id appreciate that alot buddy. Im lost with all these spare bolts left over. Lol look forward to hearing back. Enjoy the rest of ur weekend buddy.

photo.jpg

Back