Trim Lining Loc8 Table System

tcummins857

Hi anyone got any tips on applying carpet trim to a Loc8 table system. Did you use a single piece of trim or cut out sections for the inset area which holds the table in place. Cheers.

Hi anyone got any tips on applying carpet trim to a Loc8 table system. Did you use a single piece of trim or cut out sections for the inset area which holds the table in place. Cheers.

We trim it in 1 piece, taken time moulding it around where the table sits, and will be tight for the first few times using it...we also put clips in before trimming

174582F4-F166-4810-9F30-A3BDABACB2D1.jpeg

The problem I have with mine being lined is if I park the van on an angle drivers side down a bit when I lock the slider open the Loc8 table rubs on the wheel arch ! Its rubbed some of the paint off and was ages before I noticed what was happening and its left an autoglym line on the surface of the table !

Carpet lining the table holder with the 4mm thick carpet pushes the table off the surface of the carrier
Folding the carpet over the edges makes the whole thing 6mm closer to the arch it doesn't sound a lot that's what I've found and the clips don't hols it as tight as I would like!
I've tried playing with the door hinge and slide mechanism but soon as you lock the door open it catches again.

I've bought some stretch Milano Suede (un foam backed stuff) from AS trim its only 2mm thick. It wont match my other carpet but only I will see it when door is shut. Bought some black ally cap bolts and some riv nuts so plan to try to re cover with thinner fabric then clamp the unit back in holding tight with riv nuts, yeh ill see the heads but again only when door closed.
Just need stop it rubbing.

Fabric is ordered soon as it arrives I'm going have a go
Wondering if a vinyl covering may do it
Be better if Loc8 did it in black but guess grey is more OEM ?

The problem I have with mine being lined is if I park the van on an angle drivers side down a bit when I lock the slider open the Loc8 table rubs on the wheel arch ! Its rubbed some of the paint off and was ages before I noticed what was happening and its left an autoglym line on the surface of the table !

Carpet lining the table holder with the 4mm thick carpet pushes the table off the surface of the carrier
Folding the carpet over the edges makes the whole thing 6mm closer to the arch it doesn't sound a lot that's what I've found and the clips don't hols it as tight as I would like!
I've tried playing with the door hinge and slide mechanism but soon as you lock the door open it catches again.

I've bought some stretch Milano Suede (un foam backed stuff) from AS trim its only 2mm thick. It wont match my other carpet but only I will see it when door is shut. Bought some black ally cap bolts and some riv nuts so plan to try to re cover with thinner fabric then clamp the unit back in holding tight with riv nuts, yeh ill see the heads but again only when door closed.
Just need stop it rubbing.

Fabric is ordered soon as it arrives I'm going have a go
Wondering if a vinyl covering may do it
Be better if Loc8 did it in black but guess grey is more OEM ?
I've had the same issue with my carpeted loc8. Spent months fettling it, trying different clips, using Rivnuts etc etc and FINALLY solved it by a super simple thing....

I just added 3mm ply spacers to the back side of the table recess so that the tabletop is set back further when its in the door card. Theyre recessed behind the card's retainers so completely invisible and JUST set the table back enough to clear the arch by 1-2mm.

I've had the same issue with my carpeted loc8. Spent months fettling it, trying different clips, using Rivnuts etc etc and FINALLY solved it by a super simple thing....

I just added 3mm ply spacers to the back side of the table recess so that the tabletop is set back further when its in the door card. Theyre recessed behind the card's retainers so completely invisible and JUST set the table back enough to clear the arch by 1-2mm.

Sounds a good idea
Did you need to cut back retainers to allow table further back ?

No because my table top is slightly thinner than standard (7mm bamboo).
Hi, I’m just looking at the Loc8 table and heard differing reports, Are you happy with it and have you experienced any downsides? Why did you fit a different table top?

If I changed the top material would it work if I thinned the underside along the bottom where it slots into the door by a few mm to provide room to fit spacers as per your solution? Is there any spare depth behind the legs to allow this?

Different table top just for looks (consistent with my interior). Dont think thinning the underside would help as it needs pushing back, not extra room.

Its a good table but fitting is a bit of a faff. Probably in retrospect i was overly ambitious with my fit:

- Carpeted panel
- Modded the panel to include a door pocket above
- New table top

Makes it hard to diagnose exactly what caused the fitting issues i saw.

I think if you keep it simpler than I did its good.

I fitted a Loc8 table and also carpeted the panel 1st. 1st time carpeting. I didn't have the original VW clips so I asked if they could send clips as well which they kindly did. No issues with it all. As Absolute said the table is a bit tight at 1st.. Used it the week end just gone and its great. Wish I did it earlier.

@Absolut5 what clips did you use, before covering the loc8 trim with the carpet?...where could I get 18 - 20 of them? Matt

Picked up our van yesterday and has the Loc8 table panel carpeted. We’ve watched videos of how it’s meant to pop out but it’s incredibly tight and not coming out. Any ideas please?

Picked up our van yesterday and has the Loc8 table panel carpeted. We’ve watched videos of how it’s meant to pop out but it’s incredibly tight and not coming out. Any ideas please?
You have to lift the table up & pull it out from the bottom. To replace it you enter the top into the door card, lift & push the bottom in. It has to be aligned correctly side to side before it will go back in place. It will be very tight if new, it eases as the carpet wears off the bottom lugs.

You have to lift the table up & pull it out from the bottom. To replace it you enter the top into the door card, lift & push the bottom in. It has to be aligned correctly side to side before it will go back in place. It will be very tight if new, it eases as the carpet wears off the bottom lugs.
Great thanks! So lift either side at the top where it goes in at the sides, lift up and it should drop down and out? Also saw a video where someone lifts it up from the very bottom ledge.

We’ve tried both but the table seems to stay in the same spot and just the carpet/holder bends/moves.

Great thanks! So lift either side at the top where it goes in at the sides, lift up and it should drop down and out? Also saw a video where someone lifts it up from the very bottom ledge.

We’ve tried both but the table seems to stay in the same spot and just the carpet/holder bends/moves.
No, lift up from the bottom edge & pull the bottom out (ooer matron)

Back