Trendline bumper upgrade

Jimmy007

T6 Pro
Hi I wonder if you guys can help and advise me, i previously posted about my 2017 start line T28 and I want to change the front bumper to a trendline as I’ve had problems with the start line bumpers when painted twice before by a company the conversion place used, anyway I had a full refund for new genuine bumpers and painted, so I want to change them for trendline bumpers but I’m wondering what this honeycomb bit of plastic is and would I need to buy it or would the start line bumper have it that could be used? Thanks

C9D882AC-2A8E-4C0C-9D8B-442020C0AD74.jpeg

They are the foglight brackets/bumper supports/bottom fixings
They are required if you upgrade bumpers and are not part of the bumper but an additional part

you will need the main bumper and main grille, two foglight brackets, two foglight trims (with or without foglight holes depending if you are fitting foglights) then the three grille trims across the middle (centre piece with or without radar cutout and outside pieces with or without parking sensor holes)

Ah ok that’s interesting, would you know where I could get them from ? Also are all the primed bumpers the same for trend high and sport line ? I’m trying part numbers but nothing around, cheers

Hi I wonder if you guys can help and advise me, i previously posted about my 2017 start line T28 and I want to change the front bumper to a trendline as I’ve had problems with the start line bumpers when painted twice before by a company the conversion place used, anyway I had a full refund for new genuine bumpers and painted, so I want to change them for trendline bumpers but I’m wondering what this honeycomb bit of plastic is and would I need to buy it or would the start line bumper have it that could be used? Thanks

View attachment 126753
Hi jimmy thinking of doing the same on my t32 start line, but mine does have front fog lamps, any help on parts needed etc would be a great help so i can get everything ready, and snags along the way.

kevin.

Hi mate, I just used a reg number from a T6 high line I got from auto trader, ordered an original bumper from vw which was around £260 primed then I had it painted, the grills were from vanstyle, and all fog light blanks or trim with fog lights are a standard fitment, I upgraded my headlights from Transporter HQ also, best thing ever

1D1CE89A-B51C-4C96-82A1-F6FB83D43530.jpeg

Hi jimmy was this van a T6 start line before you started the front end conversion

regards

kevin

Hi mate, I just used a reg number from a T6 high line I got from auto trader, ordered an original bumper from vw which was around £260 primed then I had it painted, the grills were from vanstyle, and all fog light blanks or trim with fog lights are a standard fitment, I upgraded my headlights from Transporter HQ also, best thing ever

View attachment 135722
How much did you pay for the gloss black trims, i have the same front head lights.

ps yours looks stunning mate well impressed.

View attachment 135722
Stunning job! Well done!

We recently did a startline to highline front end at the cave. The startline bumper has the fog light support brackets attached and can be removed and re-used on the highline bumper so you don't need to buy new. You just need to buzz through the plastic weld in 4 small places on each one with a dremel or even a sharp stanley knife or similar. They will then clip nicely into the highline bumper. Here's a pic.

Untitled.jpg

Hi jimmy was this van a T6 start line before you started the front end conversion

regards

kevin

How much did you pay for the gloss black trims, i have the same front head lights.

ps yours looks stunning mate well impressed.
Hi there, yeah it was a startline before it was converted I think the grills were around £250 on van style, thanks for your kind comments:) here’s before and after with my lockdown project on the back

0EA59336-A840-486A-9074-DC60194EE1C7.jpeg

9F67F71E-8265-4739-8E07-D6E8CB487C34.jpeg

Back