Travelin-Lite Front Badge + backing disc

Sabre

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi,
Has anyone else had the travelin lite bumper package as an upgrade from the startline? Reason for asking is how did you apply the VW logo?
I have the little black disk that's supposed to go on there but it won't stay and the logo from the original bumper falls off. Without the black disk it sort of stays but it's not secure. It will get lost soon. I've tried 3M tape but once wet that doesn't do much and besides it's too thick to maintain the friction stay as without it. Gonna have to do something as all the logo badges seen to be the same so just wondering if anyone has an idea?

Are you talking about the grill badge? If so what about a hot glue gun from behind to secure the fixings from the rear of the badge.... almost like a plastic weld.

Thanks @zombie_T6 I might have to, but surely it shouldn't have to be that permanent? Might want to take it off and spray it a different colour. (Blue at the mo for a friend)

Hey @Sabre just wondered, any pics of this before and after the upgrade? Thinking of he travilin lite bumper myself.

Hi @Cb83 this took a day to fit whilst finding my way around, but actually I can now take them off, clean or change something and have it all back on in about 90mins. It's really easy.

There's a load of videos online but I'm happy to point you in the right direction when you get them.
Presume you're coming from a startline. There is a bit that isn't highlighted in the vids for the bottom part. Drop me a line.

OK will do, might be a while yet as it's on a long list of things to do. Probably get the inside sorted first as at the moment I'm at the prep stage, getting the bulkhead out next....

Back