Had few e-mails to TransporterHQ about their new lights. Sounds as though the headlight themselves will be H1 and H7 with the DRL obviously being LED. I imagine this has something to do with the auto levelling the Led needs? It will also be dearer than the OEM H7 headhunt. I reckon I'll stick to the H7 units.

Andy

I wonder which will be the better upgrade Transporter HQ or OEM H7. Which will give the best light output?

I wonder which will be the better upgrade Transporter HQ or OEM H7. Which will give the best light output?

Surely the output will be the same, isn't a h7 bulb a h7 bulb..... the only difference will be power into the unit, which is the same?

After undergoing the H7 mod and being pleased with the results I'd be keen to see how much of an improvement if any these will have. I won't be changing as I like the look of the H7 but it's good to see alternative upgrades coming through the market.

After undergoing the H7 mod and being pleased with the results I'd be keen to see how much of an improvement if any these will have. I won't be changing as I like the look of the H7 but it's good to see alternative upgrades coming through the market.

Are they significantly better than H4’s?

I'd be surprised if they are any better than the H7s in terms of performance. But aesthetically I prefer the LED DRLs

I remember being told about them when I was there earlier in the year when they said they'd been approached by a Chinese company looking to market these lights in the UK so maybe they will be selling them through different outlets. The dated "dot" pattern of the LED DRLs still puts me off though, makes them look like the old aftermarket T5 lights. Maybe there will be a 2nd gen with up to date LEDs in the future?

I remember being told about them when I was there earlier in the year when they said they'd been approached by a Chinese company looking to market these lights in the UK so maybe they will be selling them through different outlets. The dated "dot" pattern of the LED DRLs still puts me off though, makes them look like the old aftermarket T5 lights. Maybe there will be a 2nd gen with up to date LEDs in the future?

I thought the dot patten was just down to the camera used.

They all look very similar in looks and price, no doubt the same. Who's going to be first to buy

I thought the dot patten was just down to the camera used.
Nah anything that's come out as OE on new vehicles over the last couple of yrs has used the thin bar type (like VW) that don't have large individual LEDs like these, it's a bit 2011.

Yeah same price, same timescale, same blurb, they're the same lights absolutely no doubt.

Back