I had 5000k for my 35w hids and they say this temp gives the most light, looked really good but my new 55w kit is 6000k, slighly less light with that colour but they do have a nice crisp white with a slight xenon blue tint.

Hi mate, I’m thinking of changing my THQ v3s to v2s but I’m wondering if you could possibly list/link the bulb set up you are running or would recommend?! Sorry if I’ve missed this previously in thread.. many thanks in advance!
Why are you going back a version?
What are you selling your V3's for?

Yes I think I prefer the look of the v2’s in chrome and black as I’ve got v3’s in the limited edition all black..
Could be interested in the V3' if you decide to sell. What you thinking of selling them for?

lemme know when you're ready. I;m not sure I want them so not paying full price works for me. no hurry, no stress.

However, Im really curious about your change fromv3 to v2.... the difference is in the way the indicators show up. In the V2 thwy apear to be individual LED,s above the DRL but below the main lights. In the V3, that section is filled in and doesnt light up, the DRL does the indicator and the lights appear to be the same.
Can you set the V3 indicator to flash and NOT be sequential?

However, Im really curious about your change fromv3 to v2.... the difference is in the way the indicators show up. In the V2 thwy apear to be individual LED,s above the DRL but below the main lights. In the V3, that section is filled in and doesnt light up, the DRL does the indicator and the lights appear to be the same.
Can you set the V3 indicator to flash and NOT be sequential?
Not sure! Tbh I’m really happy with the v3, I think I just pref the look of the v2.

the difference being the indicator. the v3 uses a multi colour LED strip, whereas the V2 has the separate indicator strip between the lights and the DRP strip.

Damned autocorrect... The D R L strip...

Wonder if we will be able to get these in RHD? THQ must have these up their sleeve.

View attachment 188929

View attachment 188930

Maybe this is what THQ were hinting at when I asked a few weeks ago about the t6 having a similar headlight to the t6.1 with dual projectors that they offer.
I speak fluent German so can give tuning-bus a call Monday:)

That's an H4 headlight on the right in the video not H7, are they using that in the beam pattern comparison too?
A lot of times info on t'interweb is confusing rather than helpful if it's not accurate, like the look of their fancy dual projector beast though!

Wonder if we will be able to get these in RHD? THQ must have these up their sleeve.

View attachment 188929

View attachment 188930
I really like the look of these as an off the shelf plug and play option, but it looks like they’re still some way off with the site saying Pre order and delivery times of 120-150 days. The styling is spot on too.

I wonder if they’re LED bulbs behind a projector, or a proper LED chip projector, the latter would be better and could rival the OEM LEDs.

I also wonder if they would be fully road legal in the UK. Hopefully yes.

Last edited:
I’d buy those for the welcome function alone! :)

It does seem like the LED strip is doing a lot of the work, a lot of the light unit is redundant, the inner light position doesn’t seem to do anything or am I missing something?

Are these the lights the THQ V3’s should have always been? Especially the dynamic indicator!

a lot of the light unit is redundant, the inner light position doesn’t seem to do anything or am I missing something?
It's the main beam lamp. I'm guess they haven't coded the van for dip to stay on with main beam, so it will look shit.

They didn't put the main beam on in the video just the outer dipped lamp, obviously on the right hand H4 you wouldn't really notice any transition between main beam and dip there just a brief flicker on changeover but as Dubber says you could have both the projectors lit up if coded accordingly.
I don't reckon these projectors will be universal, more a case of the picture not being wide enough to show the pedestrian illuminating up tick to the right of that projector lamps beam pattern.

Back