Hi everyone. I’ve just installed HIDs into my THQ T6.1 projector LED headlights for the low beam. Output is SO MUCH BETTER than the THQ LED bulbs.

I’m just a bit confused why there is a shadow at the bottom of the beam. I’m pretty sure I had the bulbs seated correctly as per the H7 ring notch is orientated.

I’m not sure if I can rotate the HID bulb because the H7 metal ring notch won’t be correctly seated?

Attached a photo for reference and it also shows up on the ground.

ED953567-CAE2-463F-8E42-F1C6547C8345.jpeg

Drove though wales in the drizzle and dark last night with my H4's, need I say more I read this whole thread this morning......

Thanks all for your input, testing and research much appreciated :thumbsup:
Ill be ordering THQ V2 and fitting the HID kit. I think some of the older links are now broken or moved to the HID kit @dubber36 and others had great success with? when I clicked it came up with multiple kits. I'm 95% sure, but before ordering wanted to check. Apologies I know its covered to death but id rather be sure.

H7 Terminator 35w HID XENON CONVERSION KIT CANBUS ERROR FREE

I was going to get 4300K, typical my luck they are out of stock!

Thanks
Is the HID conversion legal for the road? The H7 LED bulbs aren't....

Is the HID conversion legal for the road? The H7 LED bulbs aren't....
my reading of the legislation is that technically they don't comply with current legislation for HID retrofit as the headlight unit has not been specifically designed for HID and does not have washers.
They will give an MOT compliant beam pattern as they are through the projector lens, although technically they shouldn't pass. All a bit of a grey area and worth reading up on to make your own proper informed decision

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Just wondering if it’s okay that the HID lights flicker whenever the van does the stop/start thing when driving around the city. I like the stop start thing, but Im wondering if you guys also have flickering with your HIDs when the van starts up again, and if that’s okay for the lights.

thanks

No flickering with mine.
Really? Oh no maybe there’s something wrong with my kit or installation. I went with a local Australian supplier for something that looks like the ones you use.

they flicker briefly when the van‘s engine starts up again at the lights.

i did a bit more reading about why I’m getting a shadow and it looks like the orientation of the H7 HID bulb wire is facing upwards, when it should be facing downwards. the funny thing is the tab on the ring around the socket is facing down, so the wire will always face up. I think THQ made a mistake with this with the T6.1 headlight kit and it needs H7B bulbs.

out of curiosity, does your H7 bulb wire face up 12oclock position or down 6oclock position?

No flicker on mine, they're 55w from hids 4 u, they sent me some resistors to stop the bulbout coming up on the dash, you'll probably need some to stop the flickering.

The DRL led lamps on my H4s flicker when the engine turns over but that's to be expected with 80 odd amps of electric being pulled out of the starter battery.
To be honest I'm surprised the Hids don't flicker too as any fluctuation in supply on mains powered Hid lamps causes them to go through a cooling off period and reignition cycle which can take quite a few seconds before normal service is resumed.

out of curiosity, does your H7 bulb wire face up 12oclock position or down 6oclock position?

I really can't remember. I'm sure they would only go one way as they have the same base as a halogen bulb with the square tab.

Hi everyone.
This is how I did the HIDs in my V3’s.
First of all I used the kit recommended by @dubber36. Ordered on-line from here
:
and delivered very promptly. No warning lights on the dash using these :waving:

This is what you get in the box.
View attachment 65558

And this is how they say they compare to halogens:
View attachment 65557

I spent a little time tidying up the wiring loom on the v3’s by wrapping wires in cloth tape to calm my OCD and then attached the various drivers and resistors from the HID kit as shown in the photos. I wanted to make sure the adjuster bolts for the headlights remained accessible which is why left and right are not exactly the same (the HID kit isn’t handed). All attached using 3M VHB tape. I have circled the adjusters in red. The other consideration is the length of the cable from the bulb. This limits where you can put things.

View attachment 65561View attachment 65562View attachment 65563View attachment 65564

To insert the bulb you need to cut a hole in the back of the rubber cover. There was no template in the box but after measuring the diameter with a set of callipers I found that a dummy pound coin for the supermarket trolley (an old round one) was a perfect template. I simply placed it on the back of the rubber and cut round it with a sharp Stanley knife.

View attachment 65565

I think I spent as much time tidying the wiring and fitting the HID kit as I did fitting the headlights in the van. Removing the bumper, swapping the lights and refitting the bumper took me about an hour and a half. I’ve never had the bumper off before but did watch a couple of videos on Utube on how to do it. The one thing the videos don’t show is where the fogs and front sensors connect. I dropped the bumper off first and then disconnected them. If I was doing it again, I’d disconnect them first now i know where they are. Fogs are on the Driver side behind the inner wheel arch, sensors essentially the same place on the passenger side.

View attachment 65567View attachment 65568
Hi mate. How did the VHB tape hold up after some time? Would you recommend it?

I really can't remember. I'm sure they would only go one way as they have the same base as a halogen bulb with the square tab.
I've tried everything, including the LED bulbs that THQ sell. HIDs win hands down. Don't get fooled into thinking that LED bulbs makes them like LED headlights. They are completely different technology. The projectors in the headlights that THQ sell are for halogen bulbs. HIDs are the same as halogens in the way their light is emitted through 360° onto the reflector behind the projector lens.

Make sure you get something like the Terminator kit from xenonbulbs. They were the only ones that I found that didn't give any errors, even with bulb monitoring turned off.
Hi mate, I’m thinking of changing my THQ v3s to v2s but I’m wondering if you could possibly list/link the bulb set up you are running or would recommend?! Sorry if I’ve missed this previously in thread.. many thanks in advance!

Back