Those are the ones.

I spoke with Xenon Bulbs yesterday as I've bought a bi-xenon projector kit for the Fabia. They told me they were getting new stock in a couple of weeks.
Thats great thank you

Guys, does that literally mean you buy them v2s from thq then buy that kit then you basically have hids/xenon spire bright crystal whites in those headlight units
Or am I missing the point
haha

Hi again! How quick is the warm up time of the 35w HID lights you guys are using in the low beams of the THQ headlights?

A couple of seconds maybe 3 or 4?, the first time I tried them I hadn't coded the van for the dip to stay on with main beam, you will definitely need to do this (VCDS or Carista) as after driving on main beams then switching to dip you are left in darkness for a few seconds, not recommended!

Once you have got them both on the warmup time becomes irrelevant as they are always on. Mine are full brightness by the time the van has started up and ready to pull off.

Reactions: dj_
Drove though wales in the drizzle and dark last night with my H4's, need I say more I read this whole thread this morning......

Thanks all for your input, testing and research much appreciated :thumbsup:
Ill be ordering THQ V2 and fitting the HID kit. I think some of the older links are now broken or moved to the HID kit @dubber36 and others had great success with? when I clicked it came up with multiple kits. I'm 95% sure, but before ordering wanted to check. Apologies I know its covered to death but id rather be sure.

H7 Terminator 35w HID XENON CONVERSION KIT CANBUS ERROR FREE

I was going to get 4300K, typical my luck they are out of stock!

Thanks

Have to say now all fitted this set up is immense a millions miles better than my standard H4's even with uprated bulbs. Thanks all for your help and the input especially @dubber36 and @Big.mac for the pics of where to mount the kit cheers!

I preferred the look of my V3 but the lights output of the DRL and indicator is better on the V2.....btw i've had both

I’ve had both. Started with the V3 but swapped to V2 as I prefer the separate DRL and indicator. The dipped and main beam on both is very good, and I’ve never been flashed by on coming traffic.

I have the THQ led H7 and H1 bulbs, and my van has been coded so that they both stay on with main beam.

I feel much safer with these lights compared with the VW H4’s.

I've bought the version 2 with night breakers and led dipped bulbs so let's hope they make a big difference compared to the pathetic H4 lights I have now
Few on here have fitted HID kits and say it is far better than the THQ bulb due to the light pattern emitted.............when i get the lower grill DRL kit i'm going to give HID a go myself.

Few on here have fitted HID kits and say it is far better than the THQ bulb due to the light pattern emitted.............when i get the lower grill DRL kit i'm going to give HID a go myself
I did this with v2's and 35w hid. Next best thing to OEM LED headlight in my opinion.

Did you fit the THQ bulbs first so you could compare them?
I've tried everything, including the LED bulbs that THQ sell. HIDs win hands down. Don't get fooled into thinking that LED bulbs makes them like LED headlights. They are completely different technology. The projectors in the headlights that THQ sell are for halogen bulbs. HIDs are the same as halogens in the way their light is emitted through 360° onto the reflector behind the projector lens.

Make sure you get something like the Terminator kit from xenonbulbs. They were the only ones that I found that didn't give any errors, even with bulb monitoring turned off.

Did you fit the THQ bulbs first so you could compare them?
No just went straight to HID as was much easier doing them once with the bumper off.
I did that route as recommended here:

Drivers side HID went on me today, really annoyed as they are only 1 month old. :mad:I had to mess with the wiring to refit a spare H7.
@dubber36 I presume I have to get a replacement (hopefully free of charge) from xeonbulbs to match the rest of the kit? Rather thank a standard replacement HID bulb? TIA

They sell just the bulbs separately, so I guess sending out a replacement shouldn't be a problem. As long as you get a H7 and the correct temperature, it will be a straight swap.

Last edited:
Back