am I right in thinking the only difference between the V1 and V2 is the sequential indicator?
I like the look of the drl on the V3 but read too much about the performance of the indicators which has put me off that model. I’m not that fussed about the sequential indicator.

am I right in thinking the only difference between the V1 and V2 is the sequential indicator?
I like the look of the drl on the V3 but read too much about the performance of the indicators which has put me off that model. I’m not that fussed about the sequential indicator.
Yes you are correct.

Having read a bit more on here, I’ve ordered a set of the travelin-lite.

I've had the v2's in for about a year now with no issues, light output is still crap though so I fitted a hid kit with Lazer high beams, that's cured it. The only way you'll improve light output is the aforementioned or the oem leds for around 2 grand.

Me too. Love my version 2’s.

But I went with new LED bulbs from Autolbulbs.
THQ now do their own version LED’s.

I've had the v2's in for about a year now with no issues, light output is still crap though so I fitted a hid kit with Lazer high beams, that's cured it. The only way you'll improve light output is the aforementioned or the oem leds for around 2 grand.
Lazer high beams....tell me more

Brilliant mate, cost about 500 quid but well worth it, fit nicely in the grille, type in Lazer lights they've already been done on here.
Doh! having a senior moment.I know what they are lol.I thought you meant the h1 bulb replacement,i need to upgrade my h1's to something similar to the hid i have in my h7.

Mine are very similar to these as previously mentioned. But I get a bulb warning light with mine on main beam.

VW turned the warning light off when it went in for a service. But as soon as I flicked the main beam on again, the light came in again.

These are supposed to solve the problem. But mine were supposed to be CANBUS compatible too anyway. So who knows.

I also got VW ri adjust the alignment. And this made a huge difference too.

I've just put some leftover cheap H7 LEDs in the main beam reflectors in my lads Scirocco and am really impressed with them. I've just ordered a set of H1s for my THQ main beams. They look a proper arse to fit with the lights in situ, so we'll see what happens.

I've just put some leftover cheap H7 LEDs in the main beam reflectors in my lads Scirocco and am really impressed with them. I've just ordered a set of H1s for my THQ main beams. They look a proper arse to fit with the lights in situ, so we'll see what happens.

I just put some new bulbs in my V1,s and got in such a pickle I ended up taking the bumper off and lights back out to change them.

You've got to be really careful not to dislodge the spring retaining clip when trying to get the bulb out.

Good luck.

Keen to hear how you get on..

By the time you've finished ripping the skin off your hands and arms, you might as well drop the top fixings out of your Bumper, you can leave the bottom fittings in and just hinge it forward to get at the headlamp screws.

Back