Got my call from Andrew this aft. Lights are on their way. Can’t wait to get shut of these these crap H4s. I can never tell if they’re on or not...

Got my call from Andrew this aft. Lights are on their way. Can’t wait to get shut of these these crap H4s. I can never tell if they’re on or not...

Soon as you can show us them at night, Im sick of only driving on roads with cats eyes so I can find my way.

Last edited:
They look good. Will be interested to get feedback on the beam pattern from the projection units. I’m thinking that these units with some upgraded bulbs might be the best alternative to the VW LED headlamps.

The indicators aren't the most obvious with those LED DRL's

That’s true. Also, are those DRLs driven by completely custom LEDs? If so, what happens if they fail?

I’m wondering whether the VW H7’s might be a safer option. I’d want to know if there was any meaningful difference in light output though, before deciding.

Ok quick stupid question ;)
Without removing the bulbs how do you know if you have H4 or H7 type lights factory fitted. My van has a bog standard switch with no auto light position. Does that mean it’s deffo H4 ? Or does H7 come with out auto light feature too ?

Auto is not relevant, when you key on with all lights turned off H4 has the drl on the inside of the headlight closest the centre grill and H7 has the drl as a strip on the bottom edge of the headlight

Any one have a pic of H7s? Light spread on a T6 and what they look like with lights on in different configurations?

You two are absolute stars. Thanks very much I’ll double check in the morning. Only had the Princess two days :somersault:

I did a little thread when converting from H4 to H7. Check it out.

Thanks for that Ed and your initial post with the work you did with Pauly, They look so much better and I take it you are still happy with how they perform?

Thanks for that Ed and your initial post with the work you did with Pauly, They look so much better and I take it you are still happy with how they perform?
Absolutely, really pleased with them. Live the OEM look. It's subtle but there is a chrome type line that goes around most of the lamp unit that blends in and follows the chrome on the grill.

That’s true. Also, are those DRLs driven by completely custom LEDs? If so, what happens if they fail?

If the LED strip fails then i'd guess you'd have no DRL on that light. Same would be true of the genuine LED headlight i'd say. The difference is you could probably buy another pair of TransporterHQ lights for less than the price of one genuine LED headlight!

After watching that fitting vid, I dont think i could fit a set of these until i have covered / tidied the wiring up! :eek:

View media item 1313

I think you are right, the genuine VW LEDs are available in component form so you can replace the headlights/power modules/internal cooling fans etc but I think the DRL is integral to the main headlight unit

I think you are right, the genuine VW LEDs are available in component form so you can replace the headlights/power modules/internal cooling fans etc but I think the DRL is integral to the main headlight unit

I'd like to think the oem LED lights would have a really good lifespan but I imagine that's something only time will tell.

I have seen a Valeo bare 'OE' LED units for £550, don't know how that compares to prices from VW.

Back