Everyone was flashing me, as they thought I was driving with just the DRL’s on as the light out out is so dim through that lens.
If the H7 bulb isn't seated correctly the light pattern is wrong and you don't get the proper dipped beam cut off - good chance you were dazzling the oncoming drivers which is why they were flashing.

I spoke to VW UK over these lights and vehicle warranty, they just suggested to speak to local VW garage warranty manager. I explained what I wanted to do and he said it would be a common sense approach and if the lights are just plug n play then they should not affect warranty to the electrics etc. The lights would obviously not be covered as aftermarket.

I spoke to VW UK over these lights and vehicle warranty, they just suggested to speak to local VW garage warranty manager. I explained what I wanted to do and he said it would be a common sense approach and if the lights are just plug n play then they should not affect warranty to the electrics etc. The lights would obviously not be covered as aftermarket.

I would get that in writing if I were you. Even then, think twice about it. I've been burned before by mods invalidating warranty, even when completely irrelevant to the fault.

Several months in with mine now (after waiting for my warranty to expire before fitting). Still love them, especially the sequential indicator flash when I unlock the van. I may have watched a bit too much Knightrider as a kid.....

Had my van into VW as it went into limp
home mode. Needed a regen.

Mentioned the headlamp units to the service guy. They had no problem with them. And stated it would not invalidate my VW warranty in anyway. But as someone else has already said. Headlamps obviously not part of warranty if non OEM.

I went for these LED bulbs:

H1 Twenty20 Compact LED Headlight Bulb

H7 Twenty20 Compact LED Headlight Bulb

Spoke to a guy at Besfest who had the units from Travelin-lite. He said his had come with Philips and Osram versions. but they worked out at twice the cost of almost £100 pair vs my £50 pair.

The main beam lamp did not locate normally into the lugs. So I had to manually put in the diagonal position myself as the mean was incorrect.

I think the next thing is to
pay do a headlight alignment to
make sure the beam pattern is set up correctly.
But at the moment vast improvement. And driving with levelling control in lowest position to try and avoid blinding oncoming cars.

I would get that in writing if I were you. Even then, think twice about it. I've been burned before by mods invalidating warranty, even when completely irrelevant to the fault.

Several months in with mine now (after waiting for my warranty to expire before fitting). Still love them, especially the sequential indicator flash when I unlock the van. I may have watched a bit too much Knightrider as a kid.....

Agree with the Knightrider. Just need the theme tune and Kit to greet me. Except I am not called Michael!!

Has anyone who has the thq v2 headlights swapped the bulbs out for something better and brighter and if so what did you use?.

I have tried various h7 led bulbs including the latest gen2 philips ultinon bulb and got a bulb out warning they are they only produce half the light volume as the ones I’m now using which are :
jamieWIN 12000lm h7 with no bulb out.
I then used jamieWIN h1 on the full beam which give brilliant light output, but has bulb out warning. If fitting these bulbs make sure the bulb is perfect vertical or it produces a strange light pattern with some dark areas if not vertical.
I would recommend any led bulb that uses Philips zes chips( ideally 3-4 chips per side of bulb) as they are the ones I’ve had best outputs from in my real life tests

Would you say that those bulbs are a better option than what the headlights came with and are they plug and play?.

Last edited:
I fitted HIDS in my ford and found dropping the drivers side down a little more than the passengers side stopped dazzling other cars but still gave good light.

Had my van into VW as it went into limp
home mode. Needed a regen.

Mentioned the headlamp units to the service guy. They had no problem with them. And stated it would not invalidate my VW warranty in anyway. But as someone else has already said. Headlamps obviously not part of warranty if non OEM.

I went for these LED bulbs:

H1 Twenty20 Compact LED Headlight lamp

H7 Twenty20 Compact LED Headlight lamp

Spoke to a guy at Besfest who had the units from Travelin-lite. He said his had come with Philips and Osram versions. but they worked out at twice the cost of almost £100 pair vs my £50 pair.

The main beam lamp did not locate normally into the lugs. So I had to manually put in the diagonal position myself as the mean was incorrect.

I think the next thing is to
pay do a headlight alignment to
make sure the beam pattern is set up correctly.
But at the moment vast improvement. And driving with levelling control in lowest position to try and avoid blinding oncoming cars.

These are the ones I was considering. A few questions:

1) What do you mean about the main beam ones not locating properly? I didn’t quite understand what you had to do to make them fit.

2). Any lamp warning lights on the dash?

3) Is the beam pattern noticeably different from the standard halogen bulbs?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Back