15660301198971881202927556544324.jpg heres mine in black. Tried to upload a video of the drl with the indicator on but it wont upload for some reason.

Last edited:
Is there any difference in the light output between the black and chrome ?
I am thinking of the black as this is the colour of the van.
Thanks
John

I doubt it @Johnod17 as it's just the light surround. It's more something to consider against the astaetics of the front end.

Does anyone have a night time video re: Quality compared to stock?

Any threads/sites that have a headlight upgrade path/reviews for T owners?

PS: The stock lights should be illegal in Australia (a lot of country driving) as they are so poor, i even see them referred to as candles on a car by some reviews.

Thanks.

Most consensus is that they're probably the same. Possibly from the same manufacturer.
Anyone know different?

Travelinlite only do V1 at the moment (V2 sequential indicators coming soon apparently) and THQ sell both V1 and V2.

Has anyone fitted an HID kit to the THQ V2's yet ?, I find the dipped beam output to be a shade poor and am considering fitting one ( if I can find somewhere to stick the ballasts ), it made one hell of a difference to my old 5.5 passat .

T6 led DRL headlights with sequential / dynamic indicators.
I saw some of these in the flesh today. Whilst I was blown away by how smart the DRL looks, I found it really odd that the LED indicators are positioned as such that you have no side profile, and anyone to your side would only notice your indicator if they saw your repeater on the wing. Not the end of the world but certainly not ideal if you’re nosing out of a junction.

Now they could have made it so that the DRL did the orange progressive indicator instead and that would have nailed it.
Travelin-Lite said they’re bringing a version with this function out next month.

But that's the same as the h4 standard surely?
And they're not bright enough to see anyway.

I've just had these lights fitted today. I got them from Travlin Lite along with LED dipped bulbs and Osram Cool Blue main beam bulbs.

I've just been out to see what they are like in the dark and they are leagues above the original H7s. Not up to a standard of the bi-xenons in my Tig, but pretty damn good. Dipped beam is sharp and crisp with a really defined cut off. This makes the distance seem a little short, so I'm going to tweak them up a touch. They are not shining over oncoming cars bonnets at the moment, so a couple of degrees should still be ok. Main beam gives good distance too. Obviously being halogen, they dilute the crisp, white light of the LEDs, but I'm still well chuffed.

Currently driving around Europe with THQ V2s with dipped beam deflectors fitted, it's like being back with H4s.

Currently driving around Europe with THQ V2s with dipped beam deflectors fitted, it's like being back with H4s.
Really wish they’d put a switch on the rear of the light cluster enabling left or right side angled deflector. Then they only need 1 light and it is sold for all regions!

Really wish they’d put a switch on the rear of the light cluster enabling left or right side angled deflector. Then they only need 1 light and it is sold for all regions!

I have Transporter HQ headlights with sequential indicators.

Nobody else did one as nice with sequential indicators. I paid extra for the brighter bulbs, and I was bitterly disappointed with the dim lights output.

Everyone was flashing me, as they thought I was driving with just the DRL’s on as the light out out is so dim through that lens.

It came with instructions of how to code the ECU so
that main beam came on with the headlights.

However I ordered replacement LED bulbs for both the headlight and main beam bulbs from Autobulbs direct. Along with cornering front fog light bulbs. Used their own make that are supposed to be Canbus compatible. This was true for fog lights. But not for headlight and main beam.

I can only say go LED it’s literally pardon the pun......a night and day experience. Headlight and main beam’s were £50 / pair. And front fog lamps £40.

But for the investment both aesthetically and for functionality it’s been very worthwhile. Vs the standard poor bulbs.

Andy

I've got the v2 thq headlights,after speaking to andy he recommends osram nightbreakers. Anyone any thoughts on these?.

Back