The Vanstyle harness is switching through a relay,if you set the option on the van would this not overload the cabling??
It is coded as VW code the Caravelle lights, all standard as VW designed it to be.

Robert
How much on average is coding and is there plenty of places about that can do it ? I intend on buying some THQ lights in jan and need to decide on either coding or the extra harness ??

The whole coding is about changing 1 bit in 1 byte in the BCM and it is a 5 minutes job;)

Last edited:
You could do with getting them aligned properly. Lights that bright your going to either not light up as much road as you could or dazzle oncoming drivers if their not right.

You could do with getting them aligned properly. Lights that bright your going to either not light up as much road as you could or dazzle oncoming drivers if their not right.
Yea, Loz Jr was driving to work this morning with me as Passenger (L plates) and we were passed by a Red T6 with H4s who had fitted an aftermarket LED and the spread was really bad ..

Agree and will be visiting my mate who is an mot tester over the weekend

how are they adjusted by the way
The VW lights have two plastic Allen screws from above. One moves the beam left-right the other up/down. THQ lights may be different.

I know its been discussed in various threads but what is the general opinion....... which is The best option to go for (i currently H4's)
THQ's or OEM h7's ?

Back