I remember seeing a short video of THQ trying out the LEDs. On video the light was smooth and continuous but every picture I have seen they look dotted. I’m guessing they are actually dotted and sit behind a clear diffuser, in which case it’ll always look more dotted on camera than in real life.

I think I've read somewhere that they are looking at sourcing a suitable LED bulb for them, "more expense" so I guess that answers the question they will just the same output as the H7 units, that are obviously better than my H4s :rofl:

So just looking at Transporter HQ website and it says the main lights are H7 bulbs with a projector unit.... anyone know if this is correct?? So the only LED part of this light is the DRL strip...

So just looking at Transporter HQ website and it says the main lights are H7 bulbs with a projector unit.... anyone know if this is correct?? So the only LED part of this light is the DRL strip...
Yes this has been pointed out several times earlier in this thread, the only LEDs on these are the DRLs.

Does anyone have any idea how these new headlight units with H7/H1 bulbs will perform in terms of light output, dip/main beam pattern etc.

They are obviously designed to mimic the OEM LED headlights, apart from the rather dated 'dotted' style LED DRL (shame this is not a more up-to-date 'light-bar' style LED DRL)

I fully appreciate the existing H4's are pretty poor - I've tried different bulbs and I'm currently using Osram Nightbreakers. These are an improvement compared with the OEM bulbs but there are still occasions when I have to check if I've got the lights switched on (particularly at night on dipped beam in brighter urban environments).

Will be good to get some user reviews, feedback and comments when these new headlight units start getting shipped and fitted in the New Year. I'll struggle on with my H4's until then....

They are obviously designed to mimic the OEM LED headlights, apart from the rather dated 'dotted' style LED DRL (shame this is not a more up-to-date 'light-bar' style LED DRL)

I think this dotted effect might not be as bad in person.

Of the photos I've seen the lights sometimes look dotted and other times look closer to the oem LED headlights DRL strip. It could be down to the type/quality of camera used to take the photos?

Here's some of their latest images:
Instagram post by Transporter HQ • Nov 9, 2017 at 3:04pm UTC

I think this dotted effect might not be as bad in person.

Of the photos I've seen the lights sometimes look dotted and other times look closer to the oem LED headlights DRL strip. It could be down to the type/quality of camera used to take the photos?

Here's some of their latest images:
Instagram post by Transporter HQ • Nov 9, 2017 at 3:04pm UTC
Lights that have large dot LEDs like this tend to look more obvious in real life than they do in photos, where over-exposure blends them in a bit better. I'm not going to go for them, I'll wait for something else or go for the factory H7s.

HI all I see Travelin-Lite and Transporter HQ are advertising T6 headlights finally, they look amazing, however would I be right in saying they will not pass an UK MOT

The reason why they will not pass is because the standard T6 headlight uses an H4 bulbs as we all know which when switches from dipped to main beam is does exactly that switches power from one side of the bulb to the other turning off the 55w and turning on the 60w power, this is fine in a single lens headlight, but when you fit a twin lens headlight the power will switch from the dipped bulb to the main beam turn off the dipped, this is not correct as on twin headlights both bulbs should stay on (dipped for road and the main to shine ahead)

These headlights will not do this and by the time our T6's are due there first MOT the warranty is of expired on the headlights and you will have no comeback and we will be left with changing the headlight back to the old one to pass the MOT.

Now that is not to say that your MOT tester might not pick up on the fact that one of the bulbs goes out. I asked my local garage if he would pass it and he said no way, both dipped & main should remain one.

They do look lovely headlights but alot of grief I think

You can alter the setup into H7 with vcd's with no wiring alterations needed. The main problem with these lights is all you are getting is fancy drl's and still halogen lamps to dimly light the way, you need either xenon or led headlights to make more than aesthetic improvements.

I see Van-Tech are now selling these too:
VW Transporter T6 LED DRL Light Bar Headlights

They say "Other companies have some T6 headlights coming in the new year from but these have issues when you put the high beam on it takes the dipped beam out which is dangerous and a MOT a failure." which is interesting as they appear to be the same units.

Agree. Interesting that none of these companies are mentioning it, unless they genuinely aren't aware.

He transporterhq guys seemed to do a ‘lot’ of testing. I’m sure they would have noticed something. Either way people are going to be hacked off when they get them and they’re not as ‘plug and play’ as described.

They say "Other companies have some T6 headlights coming in the new year from but these have issues when you put the high beam on it takes the dipped beam out which is dangerous and a MOT a failure." which is interesting as they appear to be the same units.

I don't know if it will be the same on these but when I changed the lights on a T5 from standard to caravelle this happened with the dipped beam. I had to cut and splice some wires behind the steering colomn to make them work together. A faff yes , but not a deal breaker.

Out of curiosity what makes it an MOT failure as it something the H4 currently do?

I sent them an email and he replied with;

‘I understand why you would think that but no. The lights have been designed and coded not so.
They are plug and play. They’ll work right out of the box.’

Can you code a light unit??????

In reply to last post, the h4 has dipped and main in the same bulb no?

Back