anyone put LEDs in their thq lights ?
Travelinlite sell them with the LED bulbs fitted - here

Although they state they will pass an MoT, it will be very much tester dependant as fitting an LED light source to a unit not approved for them (such as these) is a fail.

Ok as the nights are drawing in, i'm noticing again how much light my Velle doesn't emit.. I have the THQ lamps, and I spoke with Andy at THQ today who advised that my bulbs may not be aligned properly, which i have since resolved, and need to give a test. But i'm still not a fan of the yellow, and i'm considering putting in some LED Bulbs..

H7 - H7 Philips X-Treme Ultinon LED Headlight Bulbs (Pair)
H1 - ? Anyone have any ideas for this?
H11 (fog) - Philips X-tremeUltinon LED Headlamp Headlight Fog Lamp H8 / H11 / H16 (Twin) | PowerBulbs

Does anyone have any positive/negative experiences with the bulbs shown above. And if anyone can suggest an option for the H1 full beam.

Cheers

Ok as the nights are drawing in, i'm noticing again how much light my Velle doesn't emit.. I have the THQ lamps, and I spoke with Andy at THQ today who advised that my bulbs may not be aligned properly, which i have since resolved, and need to give a test. But i'm still not a fan of the yellow, and i'm considering putting in some LED Bulbs..

H7 - H7 Philips X-Treme Ultinon LED Headlight Bulbs (Pair)
H1 - ? Anyone have any ideas for this?
H11 (fog) - Philips X-tremeUltinon LED Headlamp Headlight Fog Lamp H8 / H11 / H16 (Twin) | PowerBulbs

Does anyone have any positive/negative experiences with the bulbs shown above. And if anyone can suggest an option for the H1 full beam.

Cheers

Do you have the THQ 55w or 100w bulbs in already as I only have the 55w and think I need to upgrade too

i've got the 100w. i bought the H7s mentioned above which will arrive this week. those H11's that i mentioned would have brought up an error, so i went with the THQ ones with the canbus loom -> VW T6 LED Fog Light Upgrade | LED Light Upgrades | Transporter HQ

As for the H1's, THQ have their own range of LED bulbs in H1 & H7 being released in the next 2-3 months, so for now i just picked up some of the basic Philips Xtreme 150% brighter bulbs, and i'll get the H1 LEDs when they're released.

i've got the 100w. i bought the H7s mentioned above which will arrive this week. those H11's that i mentioned would have brought up an error, so i went with the THQ ones with the canbus loom -> VW T6 LED Fog Light Upgrade | LED Light Upgrades | Transporter HQ

As for the H1's, THQ have their own range of LED bulbs in H1 & H7 being released in the next 2-3 months, so for now i just picked up some of the basic Philips Xtreme 150% brighter bulbs, and i'll get the H1 LEDs when they're released.
let me know how you get on with the Philips ones:thumbsup:

Wow, the difference is amazing! I don't have any before photos, but safe to say you wouldn't have been able to even see the wall in the right photo with the previous bulbs.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Easy to fit ?
In short. No.

Had to remove the lamp units to fit the bulbs, which meant taking the front section of the van off. Took about an hour, and not exactly rocket science. But not as simple as unscrewing the cap and fitting the new one.

Hi Guys,

After a long period of research my wife finally decided I was to go for HQ lights rather than the VW H7 option, must say fairly impressed with the build quality of the HQ units and looks like they have tidied up the wiring behind the lights too, all be it not as good as I had hoped. I did not use the twin light loom that is an option.

On the performance front they are ok, IMHO a little better than the H4 on DIP but only because of the better beam pattern and not light output.
I have enabled via VCDS for both lights to be on when on high beam is selected and high beam performance is excellent in comparison to the H4 units.

I am running 55w Philips 130+ bulbs in both the DIP and HIGH beam units because when I asked HQ they said that I should not use 2 x 100w bulbs on at the same time if I am not using their loom, guess this is either due to the standard VW wiring not being able to manage the load requirements or that their head lights cant handle the heat output. Never got around to asking them that question.

So this now makes me wonder, would fitting LED bulbs overheat the light units or stress the wiring ?

According to THQ themselves, LED are fine on both the H7 & H1, they're releasing their own versions this side of Christmas.

LED lights without auto leveling are illegal aren't they? All the H7 and H1 LED lights i've seen state on the packaging that they are for offroad use only???

LED lights without auto leveling are illegal aren't they? All the H7 and H1 LED lights i've seen state on the packaging that they are for offroad use only???
As I've said on another post asking the same thing.. Yes you're right, it states on the box that they are for 'offroad use only', however they are about as illegal as mis-spaced number plates, so the only time that it might become an issue is MOT time. My MOT isn't due for 2 years, so i'll cross that bridge when i get to it, but as I've never had any issues with my number plate on previous cars, i doubt the lights will be an issue.

In the meantime, i can now see when driving at night, which in my books makes it a safer drive, without having to pay the £3k+ to have the VW solution fitted, which i would LOVE to have, but cannot justify that cost. They are dipped correctly so they do not dazzle oncoming traffic.

Well there is that, but as you can see from my plates, my MOT garage are nice people. It’s also not sue for another 2 years on that one as it’s a 2017.
Incorrectly spaced number plates don't fry oncoming drivers' retinas though so would be considered somewhat trivial in comparison.
I'd also be wary going into print stating your testing station allows illegal number plates as it is very easy to trace it back to the tester and he/she won't thank you for that.

I'd also be wary going into print stating your testing station allows illegal number plates as it is very easy to trace it back to the tester and he/she won't thank you for that.
It's OK, they have enough trouble counting to 10 to be worried about things like that

Wow, the difference is amazing! I don't have any before photos, but safe to say you wouldn't have been able to even see the wall in the right photo with the previous bulbs.

View attachment 28808 View attachment 28809
I have put the travelin-lite head lights in my van with the Philips led bulbs, when I turn the head lights on there is a bulb out light on dash after 3 mins or so if them being switched on, spoke to Elliot at traveling-lite he sent me a new loom which has been fitted the error light came on after about 10 mins of head lights being switched on, can’t work it out any ideas?

Back