@Tourershine Just went onto the THQ site to find out more and I see all the demo photos are of your van :rofl:

Sure is.
Andy asked if I'd shoot over and let him use my van for pics because I'm only 25 mins from them. Earned me a free THQ cap:)

I think it's just a different light unit and a bit of coding, but if you're collecting them from the workshop, they will fit them for you if you ask.

The guys are really helpful and love an excuse to stop working and chat VW.

I don't, is there much more to it?

Just to confirm, Andy just messaged and there's 2 versions. Just add the set that are for standard none LED factory fit, and not standard LED factory fit.
Both styles in stock.

I'm considering replacing my very poor standard headlights with the lights form Camper Glass, they have LED driving lights and H1 and H7 headlight bulbs. Has anybody used these or had feed back on the operation and quality of them? Thanks

Steve M

Really happy with mine and they fitted them at short notice too :thumbsup:

I'm surprised there's no legal requirement for the drl's to dim when the indicator is on, you see this on the vast majority of cars these days.

Could THQ confirm if there's likely to be an issue at MOT time?

I'm surprised there's no legal requirement for the drl's to dim when the indicator is on, you see this on the vast majority of cars these days.

Could THQ confirm if there's likely to be an issue at MOT time?

I don’t think the OEM T6 LED headlights dim the DRL’s when the indicator is on so surly it’s not a legal requirement. So think it’s a good idea though.

I don’t think the OEM T6 LED headlights dim the DRL’s when the indicator is on so surly it’s not a legal requirement. So think it’s a good idea though.

I think you're right, had a quick Google and can't see anything obvious about dimming indicators, although I see you can tweak VAG car drl's with coding.

You are right by default the DRLs do not dim on OE LED headlights but can be tweaked with VCDS to make them do it (needs a couple of other options turned on)

I have the DRL switch off when I indicate using the THQ lights, when the dipped beam is on the DRL's do dim so you can see the indicator.

I used Carista to enable the DRL's to switch of when just on day time running

Apologies form y question but this thread is now 25 pages long - my answer may be inter somewhere.

Are the THQ lights MoT compliant?

I believe so I have spoken to them a few times and I have the lights I also believe a few people have had them tested in the threads that exist

You are right by default the DRLs do not dim on OE LED headlights but can be tweaked with VCDS to make them do it (needs a couple of other options turned on)
Do you know what those setting are by any chance? I’m going to be upgrading to OEM LEDs so will want to make this change soon.

Yes its documented in the VCDS section
You have to enable lights on with Terminal 30 (so you have rear lights on all the time with DRLs) and you have to enable DRLs off when indicating, the two together cause them to dim rather than go out

Back