Left hand side image - manufacturer is probably Jun Yan (indicator is multiple LEDs, H9 dipped, H1 main)
Right had side image - manufacturer is probably Sonar (indicator is single bulb, H7 dipped, H1 main)

Thanks for the info.... and which one do you prefer? which better?

Travelin Lite unit is the same basic unit as THQ. Travelin Lite supply legal upgraded bulbs with the standard unit (THQ are 100W) although the ones with the Phillips 6000K LED bulbs will most likely be sold for 'off road use only'

The other option is this one if you've not already found it.

I've just had the Travelin Lite unit fitted today, need to wait till dark to test the difference, but still a bit confused re switch positions.
Switch position 1,(fully counter clockwise) is DRL only, next position is still DRL only, then final position is main beam. Full beam only comes on with stalk on steering wheel.
Is this correct?

I've just had the Travelin Lite unit fitted today, need to wait till dark to test the difference, but still a bit confused re switch positions.
Switch position 1,(fully counter clockwise) is DRL only, next position is still DRL only, then final position is main beam. Full beam only comes on with stalk on steering wheel.
Is this correct?

I have just fitted transporter HQ today and they are the same. 1st position is headlights OFF - the DRLs come on when ignition is on. Next is sidelights position. DRLs stay on as your side lights but now your back lights are on. 3rd position is headlights - In this position the DRLs stay as they are - ON.
On the van-tech version the DRLs stay on with headlights but they dimmed down.

Is this correct?
Auto light? Auto / off / on. Edit - never mind, correct answer above

Second position would be sidelights so if they're using the DRLs for that they should be on at reduced brightness. If so then I'm fairly sure that's right

Edit: I was too slow

Thanks all.
I didn texpect the DRLs to be the sidelights as well.
Overall I am impressed with the additional / clearer light the units gives out, far superior to the standard unit that came with the van

Is this correct?

Yes, pretty much. I had my TL headlight units fitted on earlier this week
Switch in 'O' position = DRL are On, full brightness, all the time.
Switch to 'side' light position = DRL are on and slightly dimmed, back lights are On
Switch to 'main' light postion = DRL are on and slightly dimmed, dipped beam (H7) is on, back lights are On
Steering wheel stalk (dip to full) = DRL are on and slightly dimmed, full beam (H1) is On

I have the additional wiring harness fitted which means dipped beam remains On, when Full beam is ON

Hope this helps!

IMG_20180504_100829.jpg

Yes, the DRL becomes your side light. I'm presuming you don't have the auto light sensor switch.

I’m new to this light stuff. If I buy these hq lights, I can fit some 100w bulbs or led bulbs?
Also what is required to make dipped and full beam on together and why would you want that? Is it just so that they are brighter when you are on full beam.
Sorry for the appearance of being a numpty but there’s so many threads and posts. I need some direction in my life

I’m new to this light stuff. If I buy these hq lights, I can fit some 100w bulbs or led bulbs?
Also what is required to make dipped and full beam on together and why would you want that? Is it just so that they are brighter when you are on full beam.
Sorry for the appearance of being a numpty but there’s so many threads and posts. I need some direction in my life

Most of the questions you have asked have already been discussed and answered in this thread or other related threads. Suggest a cup of tea/coffee (or a beer), a comfy chair and read through the posts. You'll learn a lot.

Suffice to say...
Can you fit higher wattage or LED bulbs? Yes, whatever you desire. Legal or otherwise, it's your choice.
Why would you want dip and full beam on together? More light on the road
What is required to make dip and full beam work together? A 'plug and play' wiring loom, or VCDS coding of the lighting control system

Simples!

Most of the questions you have asked have already been discussed and answered in this thread or other related threads. Suggest a cup of tea/coffee (or a beer), a comfy chair and read through the posts. You'll learn a lot.

Suffice to say...
Can you fit higher wattage or LED bulbs? Yes, whatever you desire. Legal or otherwise, it's your choice.
Why would you want dip and full beam on together? More light on the road
What is required to make dip and full beam work together? A 'plug and play' wiring loom, or VCDS coding of the lighting control system

Simples!
Many thanks. You have been a diamond. I loose track of what is being said. Next stop is new steering wheel

Back