I'm tempted to rip my H4s out now and make a few quid. Haven't got any replacements but it's not like I'd notice the difference!
You’d do better putting some rechargeable bike lights in the empty holes.

I've had Van-Tech lights fitted (by van-tech) for about 6 weeks.... Now one of the LED DRL strips has failed!
Called in to see them (not that convenient they are over an hour away) and they confessed they have had "a few" others fail!
They have offered to either try another set (but in black not chrome as I had) or have my original lights refitted and get a refund. If I took the option of trying the other set then they would have to charge a fitting fee if they failed as well and needed replacing!
I didn't think the light output was much better anyway although they looked pretty!! They did also cause the bulb fault light to come on on main beam.
I have a feeling they plan to stop selling them!!
Not happy.
I think I'll just put up with the appalling but reliable originals VW's

I've had Van-Tech lights fitted (by van-tech) for about 6 weeks.... Now one of the LED DRL strips has failed!
Called in to see them (not that convenient they are over an hour away) and they confessed they have had "a few" others fail!
They have offered to either try another set (but in black not chrome as I had) or have my original lights refitted and get a refund. If I took the option of trying the other set then they would have to charge a fitting fee if they failed as well and needed replacing!
I didn't think the light output was much better anyway although they looked pretty!! They did also cause the bulb fault light to come on on main beam.
Not happy.
I think they are saying a lot by telling you they’ll charge you if a replacement set fails. It means they know that they will definitely fail and are rubbish.

Are the van-tech ones completely different to the TransporterHQ units?

I specifically asked TransporterHQ and they said they had sold around 400 with no failures reported.

My THQ ones are working great. I’d suggest you have them put your originals back on, order a THQ set and fit them yourself or have a local do it. Took me under an hour and I’m not car savvy.

Are the van-tech ones completely different to the TransporterHQ units?

I specifically asked TransporterHQ and they said they had sold around 400 with no failures reported.
The Vantech are manufactured by a different company, and the indicators are an LED matrix, whereas the THQ use a standard bulb. They also have a standard dash error that shows that needs to be cleared.

I spoke to THQ before i bought mine, and they actually recommended using the indicator bulbs from the standard lights over the chrome bulbs supplied as they look better.

My THQ ones are working great. I’d suggest you have them put your originals back on, order a THQ set and fit them yourself or have a local do it. Took me under an hour and I’m not car savvy.

Do you notice much difference over the H7 units you had before? Or just prefer the look?

There is an obvious difference, tho that is more the bulb than the unit. The unit looks a lot nicer and the LED DRLs look great

There is an obvious difference, tho that is more the bulb than the unit. The unit looks a lot nicer and the LED DRLs look great

Thanks that’s interesting, I agree they look cool. I was thinking about it for my H4 lights but ended up buying some H7 units off eBay from someone who’d done the same as you...

That’s interesting I’ve been thinking about getting a set of these lights for a while now and have still never seen any other than I pictures, I personally don’t like the ones with the led indicators & yesterday I saw a van in Coventry with them fitted and the drivers side Drl wasn’t working, I’m hoping that the thq ones are better

Not happy.

Had my THQ ones since January, no faults or failures so far.:thumbsup:

Can someone confirm if these are the same as the travelinlite lights? Been searching the forum and seen it mentioned a few times but no one seemed 100% sure. Are the travelinlite ones any good?

Can someone confirm if these are the same as the travelinlite lights? Been searching the forum and seen it mentioned a few times but no one seemed 100% sure. Are the travelinlite ones any good?

Yes, both the THQ and Travelin-Lite headlight units are the same - they are manufactured by a Taiwanese company called Sonar.

I looked at both the THQ and TL units in the flesh - took pictures of both units and both have the same 'Sonar' manufacturers marking on the bottom of clear acrylic front cover.

I have the Travelin-Lite units - being fitted on Wednesday. I went to for TL units because they are only a 40 minute drive away, THQ is over 2 hours away.

Yes, both the THQ and Travelin-Lite headlight units are the same - they are manufactured by a Taiwanese company called Sonar.

I looked at both the THQ and TL units in the flesh - took pictures of both units and both have the same 'Sonar' manufacturers marking on the bottom of clear acrylic front cover.

I have the Travelin-Lite units - being fitted on Wednesday. I went to for TL units because they are only a 40 minute drive away, THQ is over 2 hours away.
Thanks for the info, they do look good

That's useful information, thanks.

Hello, which is the different between this headlights? different company?
juego-de-faros-delanteros-vw-t6-15-negro-tube-light-led-drl.jpg juego-de-faros-delanteros-vw-t6-15-negro-led-tru-drl.jpg

thanks!
Alex

Left hand side image - manufacturer is probably Jun Yan (indicator is multiple LEDs, H9 dipped, H1 main)
Right had side image - manufacturer is probably Sonar (indicator is single bulb, H7 dipped, H1 main)

Back