T7 Multivan

... and talking of Ford, I believe the first fruit of the Ford/VW commercial vehicle tie up has now been confirmed - production of the Amarok is going to be taken over by Ford. Seems a bit odd, presumably the next-gen Ranger will be a rebadged Amarok
You remind me of when I bought a 2001 Ford Galaxy 1.9 tdi, when i went to change the oil I found that the sump had a stamp in the pressed steel, "VW". The more I looked the more "VW" stamps I found around the engine!
They've been collaborating like this for 20 years or more and some great vehicles resulted.

You remind me of when I bought a 2001 Ford Galaxy 1.9 tdi, when i went to change the oil I found that the sump had a stamp in the pressed steel, "VW". The more I looked the more "VW" stamps I found around the engine!
They've been collaborating like this for 20 years or more and some great vehicles resulted.
Yes that generation of Galaxy was a rebadged VW Sharan, also sold as the Seat Alhambra. For many years VW had a commercial vehicle tie-up with MB, hence why the Sprinter and Crafter were the same van, but this was scrapped before the current gen of each was produced and they signed an agreement with Ford to collaborate on future commercial vehicles. Incidentally, I’m seriously considering a Grand Cali and as yet haven’t been able to test drive one, but I have now driven the new Crafter and the new Sprinter and the latter is so alarmingly better to drive that it’s thrown me off balance a bit. It was just light years ahead and felt and sounded more like a luxury vehicle and made the Crafter seem like a tractor. I wish I hadn’t driven the Sprinter now, I drove the Crafter first and was perfectly happy with it.
What I was a bit puzzled about with the Amarok was that I thought the current Ranger was fairly new, but they must be replacing it with a rebadged Amarok, at least in Europe, as it would make no sense for them to build the VW badged version without getting something out of it themselves. Unless it’s just to use up excess factory capacity? Just have to see what comes out of it.

True, the Ranger has been well received and more popular than ever before. Guess it's more about cost savings than actually producing the best vehicles possible for individual markets.

Those headlights have decals around them to make them look bizarre, the tail lights are some dodgy old design and the oversize frits on the rear windows complete the pig ugly look.

All of this is on public display for a very good reason, to fool you into thinking that the T7 will not look as good as the current T6.1 on offer. And hence you should by a T6.1 and not wait for a T7.

The interesting thing is the lower back end, which VW can't disguise. This will undoubtedly have an effect on cargo space so will the T7 will be a passenger van or will it come out as a panel van as well?

Digging a little deeper, the T7 passenger van will be built on the MQB platform (same as Golf, Passat, Caddy, Sharan etc). However, MQB is not suitable for commercial vehicles, so the T6.1 cargo van will likely be in production until 2025 until an all new cargo van superseeds it.

Digging a little deeper, the T7 passenger van will be built on the MQB platform (same as Golf, Passat, Caddy, Sharan etc). However, MQB is not suitable for commercial vehicles, so the T6.1 cargo van will likely be in production until 2025 until an all new cargo van superseeds it.
This tie-up with Ford....Good or Bad...Cost cutting and restructuring doesn’t always produce a good sales product... Too many Cooks...
as example in its heyday MG produced some good (ish) cars...move on a few years China take over ..make your own mind up..
Sad times :(

So the new Shuttle could be smaller and more like a traditional 7 seater. That's exactly why I didnt buy a traditional 7 seater. Absolutely no rear luggage space. Hope this doesn't happen or the Shuttle as we know it will sease to exist.

Just seen some pics of what they are saying is the new t7 on google is it just me or does it look like a touran that’s had too much cake Not a fan already o_O

I’m not a fan in general but those quarter lights seem totally useless given that we’ve not needed them on any of the older models.

Looks like they’ve fixed the leaking sliding window issue......by not fitting one.
Wot a minging vehicle.
Edit: my mistake, the sliding window is there and they seem to have fixed the leaking seal.

EEECC232-84DE-4ED5-982E-EA23CE97116F.jpeg

Last edited:
I agree the quarter lights do nothing for me, probably more aligned to transit merge.

No wing mirrors on a T6 either :p

(I’m old enough to actually remember wing mirrors!)

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Back