T7 Multivan

That thing would be a complete change in strategy. Leaving the van market to Ford/Vauxhall etc and just going after the family mover/taxi market! Looks more Sharan people mover sized. Doesn't make sense unless there's a proper van coming with it.

It’s
That thing would be a complete change in strategy. Leaving the van market to Ford/Vauxhall etc and just going after the family mover/taxi market! Looks more Sharan people mover sized. Doesn't make sense unless there's a proper van coming with it.
its probably a version of caravelle or sharan as has been mentioned here but the article does say there is a van version. Fake news !

I'm sure I remember a discussion about this a couple years ago where Autocar said they'd heard that the replacement for the T6 would be more car/people carrier based produced in-house and called Transporter, with a separate panel van being a collaboration with Ford and not bearing the Transporter name. Maybe this is the former?

They might even make an off the shelf campervan that doesn‘t look like an ambulance

I hadn't actually looked at the pics but now I have, and comparing the camouflaged/uncamouflaged pics along with the info that's come out about it to date, there's no doubt in my mind that that's the next Transporter. Probably look better with bigger wheels but it's certainly a bit challenged in looks, esp in the rear 3/4 view. And any other view.
Plugin hybrid though. So there's that.

i Think the reverse.
I think it is the next sharan. Looking at the nose, its got that mk8 people friendly bonnet design (something that a van just cant do..) - profile is the same as the current sharan but it takes some more cues from the transporter, generally speaking - maybe as some sort corporate decsion making out that transporters are more pupular than sharans - lets add some design cues!! coz everyone will love that!! (barfs a litte, knowing that he prefers the current sharan to this as a comparison..)
Just a theory. If you have something that is not doing well, you take cues from the thing that is doing well. Unfortunately, these decisions often come out with some sort of... mangled birth child. Oh dear...

Edit (five mins later). I looked at the pohtos again. The driver is obviously sat quite high up.
My.
If this is how the t7 is going to look (if the mk8 golf is anyhting to go by.. potentially...) i sheerly hope someone figure out how to retrofit adaptive cruise control to t6 *thinks about the detailed threads on the subject already..*

#howtokillavehiclewithoutgettingridofit (electric life on the horizon.. why would they bother investing into old platofrm designs when they have created some new ones from the gorund up...)

I like your theory TimT6. The rumour of a VW/Ford collaboration, would make sense, as this could be the new Sharan/Galaxy. I still think it’s not big enough to be a transporter

That it ! ..Just Wrapping the van in cotton wool. So it will last longer.....Get the dust sheets out and Hibernate...wake up and hope it was just a Dream :sleep:

Maybe it’s just me, but it doesn’t look much different in size to the T6.1 behind it in one of the pics.

ps whose alter ego is troll (joined 2016 and 3 posts, 2 in this thread)

I stumbled across this last night while browsing YouTube.
I don’t think it looks quite as bad in some of the renders, but there again they could be way different to the actual vehicle when it finally arrives.

Yeah, Prototypes never make it to production as is. Rarely. If ever. There has been a couple though. Remember the honda civic back in the mid 00's.. who expected that triangular thing to make it through pretty unscathed (but that actually looked decent. I loved the r'trim..)
I reckon it will look different as you say, because the end thing will not be precisely the same.
I havent watched the video fully but one of the first things he said was about the mqb platform- that is what was trundling through my brain last night. It's a cost saving measure and fits in with my thoughts surrounding production and why there may he some inkling it might be something to do with the sharan.

... and talking of Ford, I believe the first fruit of the Ford/VW commercial vehicle tie up has now been confirmed - production of the Amarok is going to be taken over by Ford. Seems a bit odd, presumably the next-gen Ranger will be a rebadged Amarok

Back