Transporter T7

Blitz

VIP Member
T6 Guru
True, the Ranger has been well received and more popular than ever before. Guess it's more about cost savings than actually producing the best vehicles possible for individual markets.

yelmarb

Those headlights have decals around them to make them look bizarre, the tail lights are some dodgy old design and the oversize frits on the rear windows complete the pig ugly look.

All of this is on public display for a very good reason, to fool you into thinking that the T7 will not look as good as the current T6.1 on offer. And hence you should by a T6.1 and not wait for a T7.

The interesting thing is the lower back end, which VW can't disguise. This will undoubtedly have an effect on cargo space so will the T7 will be a passenger van or will it come out as a panel van as well?

yelmarb

Digging a little deeper, the T7 passenger van will be built on the MQB platform (same as Golf, Passat, Caddy, Sharan etc). However, MQB is not suitable for commercial vehicles, so the T6.1 cargo van will likely be in production until 2025 until an all new cargo van superseeds it.

VanDamMan

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Digging a little deeper, the T7 passenger van will be built on the MQB platform (same as Golf, Passat, Caddy, Sharan etc). However, MQB is not suitable for commercial vehicles, so the T6.1 cargo van will likely be in production until 2025 until an all new cargo van superseeds it.
This tie-up with Ford....Good or Bad...Cost cutting and restructuring doesn’t always produce a good sales product... Too many Cooks...
as example in its heyday MG produced some good (ish) cars...move on a few years China take over ..make your own mind up..
Sad times :(

Blitz

VIP Member
T6 Guru
So the new Shuttle could be smaller and more like a traditional 7 seater. That's exactly why I didnt buy a traditional 7 seater. Absolutely no rear luggage space. Hope this doesn't happen or the Shuttle as we know it will sease to exist.

Niknak

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Just seen some pics of what they are saying is the new t7 on google is it just me or does it look like a touran that’s had too much cake Not a fan already o_O

Onion

I’m not a fan in general but those quarter lights seem totally useless given that we’ve not needed them on any of the older models.

DXX

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Looks like they’ve fixed the leaking sliding window issue......by not fitting one.
Wot a minging vehicle.
Edit: my mistake, the sliding window is there and they seem to have fixed the leaking seal.

EEECC232-84DE-4ED5-982E-EA23CE97116F.jpeg

Last edited:

Loz

California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17
VCDS User
Admin
VIP Member
I agree the quarter lights do nothing for me, probably more aligned to transit merge.