Transporter HQ

So today I spent a day at Transporter HQ to have some work done on my van. I'm lucky enough to know these guys personally and as i've worked on the owners Caravan a few times, i'm fortunate enough to be able to be trusted in the workshop when they are working on my T6, where as most customers will have to be sat in their waiting room out of harm's way. This for me is a total nerd out buzz, and i'm more than happy to lend a hand when needed. It goes without saying that HQ's work is exceptional, even more so since they took on Mikey, their in-house suspension guru with a huge knowledge, an eye for detail and some pretty exacting standards for the safe way of doing the insane things we want on our rides.

As some of you know, i've recently moved from my beloved 19" banded steels, to a gorgeous set of 20" Ispiri FFP1's because I fancied a total change around on my T6. My plan was bigger wheels, smaller tyres, and even lower suspension than my current B14's.
Solow's were always my natural choice on the basis that i'm a huge fan of the Bilstein shocks after 3 years of running these things on some pretty extreme driving, and they get some raving reviews. Sadly, because I am running 10" wheels all round, this option was removed from my hands because Solow need a narrower front wheel to work, and moving to an 8.5" front wasn't going to work for me because I love the concaved front and rears of my Ispiri's. So Andy said lets do a few tweaks with your B14's. It sits well as it is, we just need to get a little bit more out of these amazing and popular Bilstein's.
We opted for a rear adjuster delete, which consists of a nifty little gadget that replaces the adjusters completely, making the spring sit perfectly. This job meant an ABS cable re-location and some fettling to make sure everything was safe. Moving to the front, we dropped the coil-overs out and replaced the top mount with the slimmer 'machined top mount' buttoned it back together and dropped her back on the ground, to where the van was stuck on the ramp, which is a good sign;) Once we jacked it up to remove the ramp legs, the jack was dropped and boom, the van squatted much lower and sat at the exact height I wanted.

Job done... Not quite.

I figured that as I hadn't thrown Solow money at the van, that maybe another treat was needed, so sod it, a Revo re-map please Sir.

Now, my van is already a 204 DGS and is already pretty quick considering it's size and weight, but the 204 doesn't come without it's niggles. I find them an amazing lump from the factory, but the more you drive them, the more you notice little things like lag at certain revs, a tiny delay between peddle and power, gears changing where they didn't need to, tiny things, but annoying all the same.
Post mapping was like a different van. People often say how much better their vans feel after a map, but I often thought is it really?? Well yes, it sure is. The power is now instant, more linear, more consistent. Almost like a 204, but one without the above niggles and a whole lot more fun. I've no idea if it's better on fuel, simply because i'm still in the grin factor stage and fuel economy isn't something i've been trying to achieve. However, it has a bucket load more grunt and at lower throttle it just pulls like a train, slipping through the gears without the needle going much above tick over position.
Alongside the H&R ARB's and the VW door seal, the Revo map is right there as the best bang for your buck.

Conclusion: My T6 now sits much nicer in my eyes, drives much quicker and still, after going so Static Low, there is no rubbing or knocking or creaking.
A whole new love for the old girl.

View attachment 73703View attachment 73704View attachment 73705

I thought I saw your van - I popped in today to collect some dodo mat :)

Quick update to the Revo part of my review.
We were working up in York today, giving the van a good run. I'm currently showing late 30s on my MPG, compared to late 20s early 30s since owning the van. I wasn't even driving it carefully and sat on the empty motorway around 80mph.
Although you do notice a big difference in power when you boot it, you feel more of the advantages when you don't boot it, and let the van do all the work with it's immense torque.

I went last week to Transporter HQ to have broken spring replaced and fit H&R ARBs. The service was brilliant.. a special mention to Chris Butterworth, great communication, professional and didn’t charge me to replace faulty spring some pretty cool vans to see to... will definitely be back Oh and what a difference the H&Rs make

5D0C6BB4-EFD3-4035-AF77-94E7393EF2A8.jpeg

BCB7F36C-A181-4F94-A286-984A858D0358.jpeg

Hi,
Nice looking van :)
A quick question for anyone really...does mapping your vehicle void any warranties? I've read about REVO and DSG remaps on here quite a bit but as my van is new I'm wondering what the implications are??? Any advice or experience when it comes to claims etc?
Also, with people doing all these mods and add-ons to their vans, are you able to put it all through your company accounts? Mine will be through my company but wondering where the allowance of making certain 'mods' stops?
TIA! :)

Another big thumbs up for the guys at Transporter HQ.
I popped up there today to have my DRL headlights coded.
Mikey was in and out in moments leaving me only enough to say well done on their Youtube content, thankyou and goodbye. (not to mention how quickly they originally posted out the lights in the first place).

I am in Australia and ordered some items from Transporter HQ. One item (front splitter) that I was trying to get was too much for shipping cost but Emma at HQ tried everything for me to get a good price, I also tried prices from Australia but had no luck. The service and effort that HQ put in was fantastic and I would recommend them to anyone with a Transporter. Everything they said they would do they did, and I got the other items sent to me in Australia at a good price and with great communication from Emma.
If your thinking of getting some trick bits Transporter HQ is worth looking at.

After transporter hq told me I need raduis seat bolts and finding out I actually needed tapered ones they reluctantly sent a courier to come and collect them after I stated I wasn’t willing to cover the return cost as it was their error. I waited for the refund and for the tapered locking nut set to come back in stock on their website. Ordered 16 tapered bolts and the 4 locking ones as a set. A few days later a package arrives with 10 tapered bolts and a pack of 4 raduis seat locking ones . Even tho the included invoice stated I had ordered and paid for the full set. One grumpy phone call later they agree to rectify the issue.

Package arrived ….. a box with the 6 missing bolts and no locking ones !! Infuriating.
Over the past few months I have placed a fair few orders from these guys and now think I should be taking my money elsewhere. They’re fairly blunt and unhelpful with queries.

Back